Gramps 2.0 - Gen3 Montero Budget Build

Mattlodi

Sleeping Platform:
-8x4 23/32" sheet of plywood
-10ft 2x4
-2x continuous hinges
Total Price: ~$80

Notes: Probably going to redo it at some point. I'm not super happy with it but we'll see after a few trips. Went with just paint over carpet because I found that carpet slides around more with sleeping bags/pads. That might change too with the next iteration. An unintended side effect in the last picture, makes a decent couch hah.
How much headroom do you have with this platform? Are you able to stay seated on it without touching the roof?
btw i like your build, i'm planning to do a very similiar thing.

Soupy

How much headroom do you have with this platform? Are you able to stay seated on it without touching the roof?

I'll try to get a measurement tomorrow. I actually chopped about an inch off all the legs to get more headroom but I'm not sure if I can sit up straight now. I'll try to check that too. And thanks! If I had to rebuild I would definitely use stronger hinges, these are holding up fine but they just feel flimsier than I would like.

Soupy

Sorry for the super late response, work has been crazy. Its 30" from platform to roof. I'm right at 6' and can't sit up straight but I imagine someone shorter probably could.

Mattlodi

Sorry for the super late response, work has been crazy. Its 30" from platform to roof. I'm right at 6' and can't sit up straight but I imagine someone shorter probably could.

No problem mate! Thank you for the answer!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier