GAP Diagnostic– new products / IIDTool update announcement 12/2013

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Steve, what's the app name on Google Play? I have a 2013 Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.2 and cannot find it, perhaps I am searching for the wrong app name. Also have a Droid MAXX, which has BLE, but Android 4.2.2. I assume that won't work?
Hi Umberto,
IIDControl - or just do a quick search for GAP Diagnostic on google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gap.iidcontrol&hl=en

Phyrra, as far as iTunes and the tiny screws go, I am in complete agreement! Both give me headaches.

umbertob

Adventurer
Thanks Steve, it was my mistake. I was searching for your app on Google Play with the wrong device (my Droid MAXX, which has BLE, but is currently "behind" on Android 4.2.2), so the app couldn't be found. It popped up right away when I looked for it with the Nexus 7, which has Android 4.4.2.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Hi getlost,
No, unfortunately no P38 in the plans at the moment. We will cover all later LR models in the coming months - except for the P38. We will see, but right now we have excepted the P38 from our plans as we feel the investment would be too large. Undoubtedly there are still plenty of P38s running around but they are becoming cheaper every day and the average owner will not want to shell out even $400 on a diagnostic tool - that he still needs to learn to use too.

I still own a P38 as well, so I can feel for you (especially when I have to try to do something on it with my T1 8-o ).

I think you are wise not to invest a lot of energy developing for a legacy platform like the P38. The Rovacom product has been out for years (what I used before Autologic and then T4) and I have found it to work just fine for the P38. (I still have a Bosch P38 as well)

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Our biggest problem actually is not for individual user units. There we can just say: "Like to, love to, can't do it. Sorry."

Our problem is for the IIDTool Pro. We'd like to be able to offer a shop specializing in LR's a complete diagnostic solution so that they need not have several diagnostic systems on hand. At the end of the day it is all about the ROI, tho.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Our biggest problem actually is not for individual user units. There we can just say: "Like to, love to, can't do it. Sorry."

Our problem is for the IIDTool Pro. We'd like to be able to offer a shop specializing in LR's a complete diagnostic solution so that they need not have several diagnostic systems on hand. At the end of the day it is all about the ROI, tho.

Yeah, I get that. But JLR probably would not have done a diagnostic platform change if it had not been absolutely necessary (all the retraining, etc) - we have T4 but these days it stays mostly in the box.

umbertob

Adventurer
Has anyone else successfully tested the IIDControl app for Android yet with their IIDTool BT? I tried it yesterday and it appears very buggy, don't know if it's an issue with my tablet (2013 Nexus 7 with KitKat 4.4.2) or with the app itself. Half the times the app will fail to connect to the IIDTool completely, and when it does it very rarely displays the content of the IIDTool menu that's visible in the instrument cluster, showing just the voltage on the upper right corner and nothing else. Or, the menu will appear for a split second but disappear as soon as a directional arrow is pressed. Also, the navigation arrows of the app appear to work only intermittently. Repeated presses cause the app to hang indefinitely, even the Home button on the bottom of the touchscreen becomes super sluggish and unresponsive. Only after pressing it repeatedly am I able to exit the IIDControl app and regain control of the tablet.

The equivalent iOS app on my wife's iPad continues working without a hiccup.

Just wondering if it's an issue with my Nexus hardware, the app or some Bluetooth incompatibility with 4.4.2 (which is supposedly the latest and greatest version of Android...)

Last edited:

zelatore

Explorer
I've got one on order, but it hasn't arrived yet. And I won't be running it on Android until KitKat is released for my S4. (any day now I hear, but you know how that goes)

umbertob

Adventurer
For those with IIDTool BT and Android devices, I tested the IIDControl app with my Moto Droid Maxx (Verizon), which just received the 4.4 KitKat update this morning. App works great. Moto Droid Ultra, Mini and Moto X should be nearly identical to the Maxx in both hardware and software, so they should all be compatible as well, as along as they received 4.3 or 4.4 Android OS.

roverandom

Adventurer
Forgive me if this has been previously covered. But with the IID BT system. If I needed to replace an ECU, like the one for the transfer case. Will it be able to successfully programme it to the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Brady

Founder
Great work! Nice interface and increased functionality.

A question (sorry if I missed this), do you plan to allow speed threshold changes for "off-road" mode suspension setting? Maybe cap it at 55mph (or 80kph) for safety, but 28mph is really frustrating in sandy washes, etc.

roverandom

Adventurer
Also, the "nominal" fee for additional vin#. What are we talking here? $5, $10, $25, $50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
Great work! Nice interface and increased functionality.

A question (sorry if I missed this), do you plan to allow speed threshold changes for "off-road" mode suspension setting? Maybe cap it at 55mph (or 80kph) for safety, but 28mph is really frustrating in sandy washes, etc.

A little Bird told me ??????? :)

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
Hi Scott,
Yes. As Justin said, we are working on that - and a number of other things that we believe this community will find particularly cool :)

zelatore

Explorer
Speaking of features-

I was looking through the menus on my IID tool to see if I could recalibrate the speedo for larger tires. I didn't find anything that would allow that, but I admit I didn't look that hard. Is it there and I missed it, or just not an option with the IID tool?

axels

Adventurer
Speaking of features-

I was looking through the menus on my IID tool to see if I could recalibrate the speedo for larger tires. I didn't find anything that would allow that, but I admit I didn't look that hard. Is it there and I missed it, or just not an option with the IID tool?

There's an Eco feature but I'm not too sure what that is. True calibrating the speedo would be great. With the 265/65R18 (31.5), the speedo is slow by 2 to 3 mph. Not too bad.
Can't wait for the nav on the move feature to work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior