Full Size Dodge Thread

Pert

Need Ideas

Hello, I just found this thread and I think you all might just have the info I need. I am in the ,very long and slow, process of building my 2012 3500 CTD into an Expo vehicle. As of now I have a Phoenix camper and am working on new batteries and a new fridge. I am trying to find some vehicle protection, including rock rails but am having a hard time finding anything other than bumpers. Will I need to get someone to help me fab it all or are there parts already out there? Eventually I want Carli suspension, bigger tires, bumpers, bigger fuel tank...............
Thanks for any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 150

PowerWagner

Explorer
Hello, I just found this thread and I think you all might just have the info I need. I am in the ,very long and slow, process of building my 2012 3500 CTD into an Expo vehicle. As of now I have a Phoenix camper and am working on new batteries and a new fridge. I am trying to find some vehicle protection, including rock rails but am having a hard time finding anything other than bumpers. Will I need to get someone to help me fab it all or are there parts already out there? Eventually I want Carli suspension, bigger tires, bumpers, bigger fuel tank...............
Thanks for any suggestions.
Check Aluminess for the sliders. I've beat mine up pretty good (sliding and pivoting as intended) and they have held up well.

Spencinator

Adventurer
Regcabguy- Muley Point Utah overlooking Monument Valley

1375301_10200815328722592_1661026122_n.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've gotta question for the new Dodge owners--

I've had 3 '70s Ramchargers/3'80s/'90s Power Wagons-

Do any of you have the 2013/2014 Ram 1500/EXPRESS/Hemi VVT/8-spd auto/4x4 ?

What do you think aboutit ?

Thanx

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Last edited:

texasmedic

:sombrero: I've gotta question for the new Dodge owners--

I've had 3 '70s Ramchargers/3'80s/'90s Power Wagons-

Do any of you have the 2013/2014 Ram 1500/EXPRESS/Hemi VVT/8-spd auto/4x4 ?

What do you think aboutit ?

Thanx

I have a 2013 express quad cab 4x4 6 speed I do not believe they make the express with the 8 sped but I will say its the best truck I have ever owned smooth ride great price and lots of mods you can do to it as for the 8 speed I think you would have to get a sport and that just has all the extra options the express doesn't never heard anything bad about the 8 speed and its is supposed to get better mpg then the 6 speed but you cant go wrong with either one

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx tm, I think the 8-spd is std only in 2014 models, but I'll find out-

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
I believe the 8 speed is only standard on the RAM 1500 with the 3.6L V6 and 3.0L V6 diesel. The 5.7L Hemi still gets the 6 speed transmission as standard equipment and the 8 speed as an option although some higher option groups require the 8 speed to be mated to the Hemi. Personally, I would not accept the 8 speed mainly due to the transmission selector shaft being electrically shifted opposed to a cable. There is not one single manufacturer than can make electric shift transfercases work reliably, and now they want us to take a transmission shifted that way? NO! I’d take two less gears and have a lever with a cable mechanically connected to the trans selector shaft.

On the other hand, I predict when the RAM 2500 and 3500 get their 8 speed (or even 9) it will be an Aisin transmission and not the gimmicky ZF 8-speed with the electric shift like used in the 1500 series, RWD Chrysler cars and a few German cars (Audi and I think Mercedes).

No long ago I had to manage a field change to retrofit many commercial trucks from electric shift Allison transmissions back to mechanical cables due to reliability issues. No way would I take this in a personal vehicle, even though RAM keeps touting how commercial trucks have used electric shift for years. Meh!...Yeah, those fleets and drivers with electric shift hate them too! It is simply not reliable but time will tell how well RAM owners love it.
Dodge-Ram_1500_2013_800x600_wallpaper_54.jpg

O.R.T.

Observer
^FWIW yes, 2014 Ram Express w/ Hemi is 6-Speed standard with the 8-Speed optional. I got the 6-Speed. Call me an analog thinker-lover in a digital world. Old enough to like some of the new stuff but not all of it. Now to just lift this thing.
IMG_0028.JPG

jasonL_031

Adventurer
i made a big mistake trading my power wagon for the ram 3500 then i ended up selling the 3500 and i had the f150 because i traded my rubicon for it. Then a couple years down the road i picked up the second f150 been looking at power wagons again just need to wait for some money lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles