FT-4X

Clutch

<---Pass
******? That thing won't make it past a paved campground. It will be really cool on campus though. :rolleyes:

Dunno, looks like it has amble ground clearance, probably go anywhere a Subaru can go, maybe a little further sincse it has lowrange. Think that is the biggest complaint among some Suby owners, no lowrange.

Have a couple few dirt bike buddies that don't own a truck or a SUV, they have VW's, Subies, and the like....used the car to get to the trail head while getting decent mpg's. Then use the bikes for the real gnarly stuff.

ssc45

Observer
I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling for this vehicle. I guess I'll just say the jury is still out and I'll wait for the verdict. Fred, I'll look forward to an update. Now, if Toyota would bring in the LC 70 wagon GXL, I would be first in line.

Cheers, Steve

deadbeat son

Explorer
The more I think about it, the more possibilities I see in this thing. If a possible production model ticks all of the following boxes, they may have my attention.

1. Low range
2. Less flashy trim options
3. Peppy power train (turbo 4cyl would be good at altitude)
4. Good fuel mileage (>25mpg)
5. Competitive pricing
6. Retain the storage capacity/ fold flat cargo area of the prototype

FJR Colorado

Explorer
I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling for this vehicle. I guess I'll just say the jury is still out and I'll wait for the verdict. Fred, I'll look forward to an update. Now, if Toyota would bring in the LC 70 wagon GXL, I would be first in line.

Cheers, Steve

Hey Steve! I hope things are going well!

Yeah, no kidding... If a 70 ever started showing up on our shores, I'd dive in head first...

FJR Colorado

Explorer
The more I think about it, the more possibilities I see in this thing. If a possible production model ticks all of the following boxes, they may have my attention.

1. Low range
5. Competitive pricing

I agree. Definite possibilities.

But definitely need to cut back on the Tupperware...

Clutch

<---Pass
It's a Camry underneath, ******? It's a fricken Highlander in drag.

Wouldn't knock the Highlander too much, my stepfather's does better down wash board roads than my modded Tacoma.

That thing churns out 295 hp compared to the 3rd gen Tacoma's 278.

1. Low range
5. Competitive pricing

I agree. Definite possibilities.

But definitely need to cut back on the Tupperware...

If it goes into production, I imagine it would be toned down a bit. In a more subdued color....don't think it would be too bad. Be fine for a forest road cruiser. Can even see an aero hardshell RTT on it.

Still would rather see a hybrid drivetrain, with mpg in the 35-40 mpg range. Though a turbo 4/hybrid would be cool so everyone is happy, the VW turbo/hybrid gets 45-50 mpg hwy.

Last edited:

bkg

Explorer
******? That thing won't make it past a paved campground. It will be really cool on campus though. :rolleyes:

no offense intended to anyone... but this is really the "millennial mobile"

EDIT: I need to read all comments before responding. y'all beat me to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior