FS: Canon 60D DSLR Camera + 2 lenses + TONS of extras. $550 inc. shipping

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Hi All,

I'm selling my Canon 60D DSLR with 2 lenses and a TON of extras. I'm not interested in separating.
This camera has been absolutely brilliant, I'm only upgrading because I want to print my shots and I need to go full-frame.
Every photo in every article I've had in Overland Journal (4 articles now?) was taken with this camera and lenses, so the quality is plenty good enough.
I also shoot for Tread Magazine and a slew of others around the world, with this camera.
This video is all taken on this camera : video (Make sure you set YouTube to 1080p to see max quality)

Price for everything is $550 inc. shipping anywhere in the US/Canada.

Both lenses are a 72mm thread on the front so you can interchange filters which is nice.

CAMERA:
Canon 60D DSLR (crop sensor)
18 MegaPixels
Shoots RAW, has live view, tiltable 3 inch LCD, shoots 1080p video at 30fps (tons of samples on my YouTube)
Full specs: click here

LENS 1:
Sigma 18-35 mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art for canon EF (crop)
It's had a UV or Polarizing filter on the front for it's entire life and is pristine.
This is commonly called the best lens ever made for crop sensor DSLR cameras and is super fast and sharp.
The majority of my trick shots were taken with this lens (northern lights, stars, dark, etc.)

LENS 2:
Sigma 18-270 VC Zoom lens for Canon EF (crop)
I got this on the advice of Chris Collard (then editor of Overland Journal) who said it's the best "cheap" lens for crop sensors.
It's the slightly older "VC", not the newer "PZD" (The older one is better) - it has a 72mm lens filter thread.
NOTE: I dropped this lens in Egypt, and it's slowly dying. It has a small chip in the front glass which doesn't show up in photos, but worse the internal mechanism seems to be slowly jamming a little.
I don't know how long it has left. This lens in included Free.

OTHER EXTRAS:
Wall charger / 12 V charger
Intervalometer - this allows you to take x shots every y seconds for as long as you want for time-lapses, or for tripod drive-bys.
IR Remote - take shots from far away
Lowepro camera bag - ProTavtiv 350 AW (big one that has configurable compartments, very comfy on your back)
2 x 72mm Polarizing filters (one is Polaroid (cheap) the other is Hoya (expensive)
1 x 72mm UV Filer (Polaroid (cheap))
Big fancy shoulder strap
Spare lens caps and back of lens caps

For price I'm looking at:
Camera: Cheapest used on Amazon = $249
Sigma 18-35 lens: Cheapest used on amazon = $500 (I paid over $900 new)
Everything else = Free.
which would be $749 alone

Final Price $550USD shipped anywhere in Canada / USA.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Photos of the kit are below (obviously not taken with the camera). and I've attached some sample images taken on this camera and these lenses.
The lion shot was for sure using the 18-270 zoom lens.
I had to down-size a couple of photos because the forum wouldn't let me upload the full-res versions.

Thanks,
-Dan

Click to see them bigger:
00camera-kit.jpg

01camera-kit2.jpg

OJ cover.jpg

central-kalahari-lightning.jpg

namib-desert-stars-jeep.jpg

angola-piedras-negras-campsite-jeep.jpg

central-kalahari-lion-with-kill-thinking.jpg

zelseman

Observer
As a free bump, I’m curious as to how big you are printing that 18MP doesn’t get it done? I’ve seen nat geo billboards with an 8MP 30D. GLWS, this cam has definitely seen some stuff.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Bump.

Shutter count on the body is 33,186.
Still functions flawlessly.

Make me an offer.

unplannedbbq

Adventurer
Another bump for a good deal - we still use our 60d for crop-sensor reach w/ our longer lenses - it’s tough, has a decent focus system and batteries are cheap. I keep a canon 40mm pancake lens on it for walking around in places I don’t want to draw attention (vs. a full-frame body + pro lens). The sigma 18-35 is great, too. Heck of a deal, glws.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior