FOUND Vans For Sale!

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
Saw this parked on the side of the road just outside Reno.
It's gas, not sure on V8 or V10, but looked V8. 4x4 conversion is not one I've seen before, but was similar to Sportsmobile with ford axle and transfer case. The anti roll bar was at the back of the axle, but forgot to take a pic of that.

--EDIT--
Please read this post.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/80916-FOUND-Vans-For-Sale-Sticky?p=1202584#post1202584

IMG00831-L.jpg

IMG00841-L.jpg

IMG00861-L.jpg

IMG00811-L.jpg

IMG00821-L.jpg

IMG00851-L.jpg

Last edited:

jbiernat

Heads up on that camo van seller. Talked to him on the phone many times about the condition and details on the van before finally deciding to go drive over 1000 miles from Colorado to Reno to pick it up. Told him I was ready to buy if the van looked good and passed a mechanics inspection. He told me multiple times that the van was in excellent condition, ran perfect, maintained religiously with records, everything worked, built the van with the best components, etc... Not true, A/C blows hot air, lights don't work, Axles squeal as the wheels turn, steering column is loose and shifts weird, transfer case has to be manhandled to shift through high and low while lurching and clanking. Once in four wheel low it quickly pops out unless you hold it back in gear. (he tried to tell me all of this was normal because it wasn't a ****ty push button transfer case). As I was finishing the test drive and pulling into the parking lot the van completely died and shut off while driving. All the dash lights flashed on then it just shut off, had to put in park and turn it back on. Needs new brakes and rotors in rear. Needs new shocks and leaf springs. Guy told me the shop who did the conversion was the best shop to do a 4x4 van conversion and they had tons of experience. Once I called the shop who did the conversion, they said it was the first one they ever did and did some of the components as cheap as possible per owners request. Then I visited the other shop who had to do the work to fix the first shops mistakes. He said he thinks they did a bad job on the conversion and he had to do close to $6000 to fix what they screwed up. He winged it as he told me he doesn't know anything about off road vehicles, told me that he knows the owner wishes he wouldn't have used that shop for the conversion. Needles to say this van was not as described, owner refused to lower the price one penny after all this happened. The only way he would lower the price was if he took off the Winch, all the lights, gun racks, and roof rack for himself. After i told him he misrepresented the condition of the van and i spent a lot of money to get to Reno, and i would have to spend a lot of money to get the van decent and as he originally described, he told me that it was too bad for me. He said he was going to get some mechanic friends of his to look at some of the issues for free and he would sell it to someone else for the higher price. He admitted he should have known more about the van and told me about it before i drove across the country, but too bad and adios, never even apologized to me. This van has some decent (although rusty) extras and some okay components like ford axles and 271 transfer case, v-10, and paint job. however the owner is a weasel. I wasted over $1,000 on travel, hotel, and mechanics to find out what he should have disclosed in the first place. If you are looking at this van, proceed with caution.

Sorry about the negative first post, but I felt i should let others know what i wish i had known last week.

rebar

Adventurer
Heads up on that camo van seller. If you are looking at this van, proceed with caution.

Sorry about the negative first post, but I felt i should let others know what i wish i had known last week.

Thanks for the report. I was thinking about calling him after he never replied to my email questions. Allot of people wont respond by mail. I first figured it was a inconvenience to have to write.. But now I believe most of them are illiterate. :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles