Ford Ranger 2012 vs. 2015 big changes?

Oshkosh-P

Observer
Hello,

i am looking to buy a Ford Ranger (preferably with the bigger 3.2 Diesel). I checked the documents and was impressed to see, that the frame is as big as the one used on the Ford F-150.

But was this already the case in 2012? And what else did change beside the appearance? Like suspension? rear axle? or was the 2012/2015 change just more about cosmetics?

regards

Marcus

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
You might/will be better served doing a search @FTE. com (ford truck enthusiasts)
Search the ford ranger forums, that's ALL ford ranger topics. If you don't find the
Information you're seeking, search ford ranger 'history '. You're welcome ?

D

Deleted member 9101

What? So they only got the massive F-150 frame in the US and something smaller over here???

Lol..the F150 frame is far from "massive." It's strength comes from the fact that it's fully boxed.

Oshkosh-P

Observer
Well bot the F-50 and the Ranger are listet with a profile of 230x90x2.2mm, the exact same measurements. While a bit thin this is indeed quite big, a Defender is 185x85x2mm so way weaker, a G-Wagon is 155x75x3mm, so thicker but still weaker because of the smaller size and even the big land Cruiser J200 is with his 185x90x3.2 not really stronger.

its just a massive height and i guess this is because of the shared plattform with the F-150. Of course i dont know if the plattform is different in europe. The engines are of course totally different, since europeans in general and germanys especially hat gas engines in work trucks

Oshkosh-P

Observer
it sounds like the US-Version got a lot more high strenght steele and what not - so bad luck for us Europeans i guess?

Anyone know if that changed at some point? Like 2019? Because i also heard that the EU version got the stronger frame since it is identical with the Aussie version. Very confusing!

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
The south african designed raptor uses the F150 chassis and is sold in the UK for about 50K. It's only got the 2.2 twin turbo diesel

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
OP- Yes they are very different as said above. Also, Ford didn't make a Ranger for North America from around 2006 or 2007 until the recent model release in 2018/2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior