Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

Azlugz

Adventurer
I'll Post mine in I guess.

Have a Jeep for the harder wheeling but also use the truck for some. Also, I am part of a SAR team and do a lot of recoveries using the Jeep or the truck but the main duty for the truck is towing the 5th wheel.

Our last one was an '03 SD diesel 4x4 4dr shorty. The first trailer was a old 30' fiver and I towed the Jeep behind. Here we were stopped for a break.
DSC02648.jpg

DSC08918.jpg

Here it is with 35's doing a wreck recovery
DSC04505.jpg

Recovering a bronco
DSC03013.jpg

Decided we liked having a fiver but the old one was getting to the point where we couldn't trust it on the road and bought a new 28'.
DSC03464.jpg

After problems with that truck and advice from my mechanic, it was time to part ways with that truck. We looked long and hard for a decent used truck but prices were outrageous. We wanted a long bed this time as a slider hitch in the desert dust is a PITA. Finally we settled on a a new one and a killer price. Its an 09 twin turbo diesel SD Lariet 4x4 4dr long bed....yea, 172" wb. This one is still used in recoveries and still gets wheeled some, but not as much due to length and ground clearance.
DSC09692.jpg

DSC09708.jpg

Side of the road camping in Texas...
DSC09898.jpg

The Mother in Law moved in and loves wheeling and camping so she goes all over with us, but then the trailer got too small so then it was time to move up on that too.
We traded on a new 38' that has a back bedroom for Mother.
DSC01355.jpg

During all this, we also sold the LJ and bought an older Grand Cherokee and have been building it to wheel and have a tow bar so it can drag behind the trailer. No pics of that whole rig yet tho!!!

I also have a small Jumping Jack offroad camp trailer for thos days we want to go where the big trailer can't.

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

lllateralus

Observer
As I previously posted in my own thread for the truck, this is my 'new' 2001 F350 7.3 Powerstroke with 94K miles and in pretty much mint condition inside and out.

I absolutely love it and have a few plans for it...

P1050575.jpg

P1050506.jpg

SightPicture

Observer
As I previously posted in my own thread for the truck, this is my 'new' 2001 F350 7.3 Powerstroke with 94K miles and in pretty much mint condition inside and out.

I absolutely love it and have a few plans for it...

P1050575.jpg

P1050506.jpg

Dude I friggin love your truck man. I would love to find a deal like that.

lllateralus

Observer
Thanks.. I am enjoying having it. I've been wanting a nice 7.3 truck for a long long time. I've put about 4K miles on it already (in 5 weeks) including 2 800 mile trips and I think its a great truck.

TKSC01

Adventurer
I'll Post mine in I guess.

Have a Jeep for the harder wheeling but also use the truck for some. Also, I am part of a SAR team and do a lot of recoveries using the Jeep or the truck but the main duty for the truck is towing the 5th wheel.

Our last one was an '03 SD diesel 4x4 4dr shorty. The first trailer was a old 30' fiver and I towed the Jeep behind. Here we were stopped for a break.
DSC02648.jpg

DSC08918.jpg

Here it is with 35's doing a wreck recovery
DSC04505.jpg

Recovering a bronco
DSC03013.jpg

Decided we liked having a fiver but the old one was getting to the point where we couldn't trust it on the road and bought a new 28'.
DSC03464.jpg

After problems with that truck and advice from my mechanic, it was time to part ways with that truck. We looked long and hard for a decent used truck but prices were outrageous. We wanted a long bed this time as a slider hitch in the desert dust is a PITA. Finally we settled on a a new one and a killer price. Its an 09 twin turbo diesel SD Lariet 4x4 4dr long bed....yea, 172" wb. This one is still used in recoveries and still gets wheeled some, but not as much due to length and ground clearance.
DSC09692.jpg

DSC09708.jpg

Side of the road camping in Texas...
DSC09898.jpg

The Mother in Law moved in and loves wheeling and camping so she goes all over with us, but then the trailer got too small so then it was time to move up on that too.
We traded on a new 38' that has a back bedroom for Mother.
DSC01355.jpg

During all this, we also sold the LJ and bought an older Grand Cherokee and have been building it to wheel and have a tow bar so it can drag behind the trailer. No pics of that whole rig yet tho!!!

I also have a small Jumping Jack offroad camp trailer for thos days we want to go where the big trailer can't.

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02323.jpg

DSC02340.jpg

Man the scenery is amazing! I used to live in Mesa too. I miss it every day and would love the opportunity to return. If I ever do I hope I get the cahnce to wheel with ya man, I like what your all about.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Camped in Utah above Moab

690527202_46Pg6-L.jpg

Camped on Lake Superior During the U.P. Overland Adventure

971656064_NtHh5-L.jpg

What more in life do you need than what's in this photo? Wife, Dog, Truck, Mtn. Bike, Beautiful Scenery.....etc

697571262_xbxAx-L.jpg

11,000' in Wyoming in June :victory:

1088765778_VnL9Y-L.jpg

200' Below Sea Level in Death Valley

444664901_uMWnG-L-1.jpg

bftank

Explorer
my newly acquired 1994 f350. 7.3l powerstoke with five speed. came with a bum fuel supply pump and mismatched driver door and fender. found out about the factory alarm at 530 in the morning trying to take it to work. doh! the tommy lift will come in very handy i think. especially once i find a decent poptop for it. the third pic is on 35" bfg ats that i had lying around. they fit stock suspension no rubbing. well except on the bumper which is something i planned on fabbing for it any way.

Attachments

• 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 186

blakeape

Adventurer
Camping in Death Valley..

attachment.php

attachment.php

The short bed camper in your long bed truck is pretty sweet. You could have a slip tank for extra fuel, room for tools, toys, firewood or whatever you want up front. Or slam to camper to the front and have room for things between the tailgate and the camper. I don't like how little room there is for the extras once my 8 foot camper is loaded into my Dodge. I have to load mine tight to the front to even get the tailgate shut. Nice set up!

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
here's the latest of mine, just finished up the canoe rack, hoping to take it out camping soon but been super busy and working 10 hour days isnt helping

Photo411.jpg

Photo410.jpg

Photo406.jpg

Photo407.jpg

Greggk

ZombieSoldier
mine isnt as cool as some here, but here is my 1999 F250 with a 7.3 Powerstroke. mods in sig

DSC_0299.jpg

HighSierra

Observer
My work in progress

2001 F350 CrewCab, 37'' Toyo Open Countrys, 6 inch lift (I think?), Fox reservoirs, Jayco pop-up with fridge, Playstation 2(critical survival great for the father of a young boy)

To be added: Fender flares, rear bumper w/ tire rack/fuel/steps....and one day a utility bed
To be removed: 2 inch add-a-leafs to bring it a little closer to mother earth

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 152

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Hey fellow Ford owners, some great trucks and nice pics! But how about some interior mods in the cabin? Radio mounts, any in-dash video mods in the older ones, overhead consoles tricked out, seats modified, any refridgerators in the extend cabs?

I'm not too excited about putting my Icom 707 on the floor, seems like the stock type radio mounts don't take kindly to protecting the radio from bouncing and rough road travels. But that's another topic....

My '99 extended cab has some space behind the front seats, thinking of taking the back seat out and putting in some storage, maybe slides with the back doors opened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior