Flyingwil's Taco is growing up!

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Will, that is the same shower I bought from Scott recently. I've tested it and am pretty pleased with it. Did yours off Ebay come with the 12 volt adaptor? I ended up buying one from Radio Shack. I'll be testing it in the field the end of September when I have a ten day camping trip.

The platform looks great. :clapsmile

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Very nice platform Wil!

Can't wait to see what you mount on it.

Which anchors do you plan on using???

Last edited:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Wil, looks real nice- I like the idea of the platform on the back - I should do this in the xtracab as well - I have a similar shower unit that came with the Helton mine is light pump wise too...

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
The platform will have the Fridge on it, as some saw during the Gunsight run. But that was version 1.0 and I am upgrading it to version 1.1 and it will have a "TWIST." My lovely wife came up with a great idea and I am runing with it. We'll test V.1.1 on the trip to Baja.

The platform also provides stability for the Engel slide and has eliminated all rattle issues that I did have, it is all a part of the testing process that I should have in my review for you all shortly.

The shower did come with the 12 plug.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Looks fantastic Wil!

Yep, that is the shower I have. I dig it. 9 bucks is an awesome price. Did that incl. shipping?

A "TWIST" eh? I am imagining another piece of plywood on a post hinge, that sits just above the deck. When at camp it pivots so the slides are parallel to the rear wall, and the fridge slides out the door. When driving, it pivots perpendicular to the rear wall. One dog on each side of the fridge, and you can open it from the seated position while driving. :)

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
The platform is great. I had one in the back of my Taco for the dog, but mine was only an extra cab. I stored my high lift underneath the front part of the platform. The dog was much happier with the totally flat space.

flyingwil

BajaTaco said:
...A "TWIST" eh? I am imagining another piece of plywood on a post hinge, that sits just above the deck. When at camp it pivots so the slides are parallel to the rear wall, and the fridge slides out the door. When driving, it pivots perpendicular to the rear wall. One dog on each side of the fridge, and you can open it from the seated position while driving. :)

Close, both dogs like to be by each other, so it is going to go in then pivot so that it is perpendicular to the rear wall. The Blue Sea fuse block will also be relocated to the new portion of the wall.

flyingwil

FourByLand said:
Wil dont forget to update your mod-O-meter!!!

:elkgrin:

It is not a part of the orginal plan so the Mod-O-Meter will not change... nothing new has been added other than the platform.

flyingwil

Mlachica said:
looks nice Wil! Can't wait to see it done...:box:

Thanks, I hope it will hold up to my expectations.

calamaridog said:
The platform is great. I had one in the back of my Taco for the dog, but mine was only an extra cab. I stored my high lift underneath the front part of the platform. The dog was much happier with the totally flat space.

Cool! I like it so far, have yet to have the dogs on it yet.

Desertdude said:
Wil, looks real nice- I like the idea of the platform on the back - I should do this in the xtracab as well - I have a similar shower unit that came with the Helton mine is light pump wise too...

The water heater issue has yet to be determined what system I will use. It is a HUGE toss up between GLIND, HELTON and PIRANHA. I want to avoid the electric one for now, IMO just another thing that can break and be hard to get parts for if needed. But that is a two fold issue, on the other hand I am taping into the coolant system, but I think repairablity will be easier this way.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
so your fridge is going to be on a "lazy suzan." Very clever senor :bowdown:

What will you use to keep it from rotating when you don't want it to?

flyingwil

Mlachica said:
so your fridge is going to be on a "lazy suzan." Very clever senor :bowdown:
Yup!

Mlachica said:
What will you use to keep it from rotating when you don't want it to?
I haven't figured that out yet... I want to find some sort of clamp similar to the the fridge clasp, but need it to be adjustable to prevent accidentaly moving and to keep it tight and rattle free. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online