Flyingwil's Taco is growing up!

Scott Brady

Founder
Congrats on the new shoes Wil!

As you mentioned in your PM. Without moving the rear axle forward a bit you are going to have some major rubbing.

There are really three options to solve this:

1. Deavers (best long-term solution)
2. Fill and re-drill the center hole: Weld up the center-pin hole of the rear axle, then move the hole by .5" and re-drill.
3. Use this http://store.summitracing.com/defau...er=1&part=AFC-20270&N=115+311540&autoview=sku

Last edited:

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
expeditionswest said:
Congrats on the new shoes Wil!

As you mentioned in your PM. Without moving the rear axle forward a bit you are going to have some major rubbing.

There are really three options to solve this:

1. Deavers (best long-term solution)
2. Fill and re-drill the center hole: Weld up the center-pin hole of the rear axle, then move the hole by .5" and re-drill.
3. Use this http://store.summitracing.com/defau...er=1&part=AFC-20270&N=115+311540&autoview=sku

Thanks Scott!

I think I take the el-cheapo option #2 until I get enough in the bank for the Deavers.

Scott Brady

Founder
Option #2 is good, though it will complicate things when you DO get the Deavers. You will need to move the hole again...

Make sure to run some flat headed screws in the fenders. I will bring some to the show.

+ d

Adventurer
hey wil...i thought you were at 22% on the mod-o-meter yesterday!?

what is this 1% mod that you're not telling us about!?

:D

flyingwil

+ d said:
hey wil...i thought you were at 22% on the mod-o-meter yesterday!?

what is this 1% mod that you're not telling us about!?

:D

:victory: My TwoZone unit and Ezy-Move arrived into PHX on Tuesday and I am awaiting it to clear customs. It should be clear on Friday. Customs has to clear it by Friday at noon or they don't get paid! So with that in the works, that brings me to 23%.

The TwoZone:
fig10.bmp

The Ezy-Move:
Fig11.bmp

Still on list is over $10,000 of mods, so who knows if I'll ever be fully complete. The list never ends.

But upcoming will be a snorkel, on board air system, suspension, tent, shower system, and a CarPC to replace the radio.

I am finding the PC is the hardest to research. My current PDA set up is great, but a PC can do more. The plan is to use the PC to replace the double DIN stock radio, and replace that with a touchscreen monitor. The PC will act as the primary source of navigation using GPS, have radio interface with AM/FM and XM, Camera Capabilities (Recording), Voice activation (PRO), MP3 ect. Players. I figure my laptop can do all above so why not incorporate it into the vehicle?

Though I am not a computer guru, the build up should be fun, and involve some learning. As for mounting, I am toying with using the glove box or "hidden console" to minimize dust exposure. It will be based on Pentium mini ITX motherboard. I thought about using a MAC Mini, but the GPS technology is a bit behind on the MAC's at this point in comparison to the PC platforms.

As of now it is all research and a dream, but easily feasible under $1000. I guess I just have to win the Lotto!

Last edited:

flyingwil

Two Zone shipment has arrived!

Well got new toys today from OZ! The Pictures say it all!:victory:

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Ezy-Move came too!
IMG_0713.jpg

:victory:

I wonder if I am the first in the US to have this, but know someone else has to have brought one of these back home with them.

I will be doing a review on them to be added to the Equipment section in addition to the fridge/freezer review. It'll be fun testing them out during the black mountain trip!

Scott Brady

Founder
ooooooooo!

Go Wil, Go Wil, it's your birthday....

(no, it is not really Wil's birthday, just another .50 cent rendition) :D

flyingwil

expeditionswest said:
ooooooooo!

Go Wil, Go Wil, it's your birthday....

(no, it is not really Wil's birthday, just another .50 cent rendition) :D

That made me laugh so hard it made me cry. LOL

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Wil, that practically made me cry as well....LOL

Very cool on the special delivery, ,I can't wait for your write up! Very cool indeed.

HongerVenture

Adventurer
flyingwil said:
IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

In the last picture you can see my *temporary* Engel hook-up. I twisted the wires to prevent electrical interference with the CB.

Okay Wil, my question is what gauge wire did you use for the Engel? 12 gauge or 10 gauge? I'm doing mine now and want to make sure I do this right...

flyingwil

HongerVenture said:
Okay Wil, my question is what gauge wire did you use for the Engel? 12 gauge or 10 gauge? I'm doing mine now and want to make sure I do this right...
Mine is 12 ga. I found it was the largest i could find locally. I is an waterproof female socket designed for outside. I got it Checker for about $9.

The Engel has a built in fuse, but I thought it would be good to double up, and have it fused on the block as well.

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Yeah, I found a female 12v socket at Frye's already... though I'm somewhat dubious about its current rating. I think it will suffice though.

12 gauge wire it is then... I just wanted to make sure. 10 gauge seemed like a little overkill. I will more than likely use 10 gauge from the battery to the fuse block however. For now I have a much cheaper Buss Fuse block in my cab... I will eventually upgrade to the BlueSea block. =)

Thanks for the tips.

A Twozone is probably in my future as well. I'd like to hear more from you on its performance. Can you really keep the bottom section frozen and the top section just chilled? Does it truly offer a Fridge and Freezer all in one?

Joel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior