(fixed) help no oil pressure, just did spark plugs and valve cover gaskets

brad2274

Adventurer
Just finished up cleaning valve lash adjusters, changing valve cover gaskets, and doing spark plugs and plug wires, started and it runs good but i have 0 oil pressure on the inside gauge. it worked before and showed pressure. gaskets were leaking before so thats why i changed them. torqued things to factory spec.

Any ideas why im at zero?

really need this working by tomorrow, could i have fried something while unplugging plugs with battery connected?
How do i test the gauge to confirm its not bad or check connection on motor?

any help is much appreciated

Last edited:

brad2274

Adventurer
i searched and couldnt find anything helpful, im thinking sensor but i didnt think any sensors around the manifold would be oil pressure. is it down below?

it sounds fantastic and all my valve ticking went away, i just have no idea if it has pressure

brad2274

Adventurer
Alright got it working properly, you were right it was a sensor thanks for the input. since i did the valve cover gaskets i immediately assumed i f'ked something up with and then thought of testing the pressure gauge since i never touched the sensor.
Checked the sensor by the filter and lo and behold the wire wasnt on all the way, snapped it on and fired it up with good pressure on the gauge.

Then i remember i dropped a ratchet and some needle nose pliers down there and probably nudged it off hahahah, just glad i didnt have to remove the covers again.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I figured as much, been through that myself with a temp sensor on my other Jeep years ago after changing the exhaust manifold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior