F150 vs Tundra....I’ll make a decision tomorrow

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Shoot, enough gnashing of teeth here I’ll throw my two cents in. My opinion is there isn’t a terrible truck on the market right now, figure out your needs and then shop for what fits.

I love Toyota’s and appreciate their conservative approach to vehicles. I love simple and Toyota is simple. That said for me I set my goal at crew cab 6.5’ bed, 2k payload, and 10k towing, which pretty much excludes a Tundra. Toyota needs to upgrade the frame, offer a 6.5 bed with the crew max, and refresh the power train. To call the 3URFE outdated is disingenuous. Reality is the big 3 are still running the same V8’s with relatively minor tweaks like direct injection and tuning. The big advances have been to transmissions and gearing.

I myself recent drove a Titan XD and honestly really enjoyed it. Definitely worth a look.
This spy phot of the upcoming 2021 Tundra looks like a crewmax with a 6'5" bed. 6 lug wheels may indicate a bump in tow ratings. Of course, it's all speculation at this point.

2021-toyota-tundra-prototype-wheels.jpg

For selling 10x as many trucks, you'd think there would be at least 9x as many happy F150 owners drowning out the comparatively few happy Tundra owners, but that doesn't seem to be the case (according to the comments in the videos below). I myself am leaning toward the Tundra, but the refresh is so close I may just have to wait to see what it will bring. Here are some videos I found in my own research to decide between the two. Did the OP ever make a decision?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I myself am leaning toward the Tundra, but the refresh is so close I may just have to wait to see what it will bring. Here are some videos I found in my own research to decide between the two.
I think the F150 and Tundra are both being revised / refreshed for 2021. Personally if it's feasible, I would wait till both are released.

Actually, I'd wait another year after that so the year end clear out deals are happening...

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
With all the banter back and forth about Ford or Toyota maybe I missed it.

Did the OP ever buy ANYTHING????

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I think the F150 and Tundra are both being revised / refreshed for 2021. Personally if it's feasible, I would wait till both are released.

Actually, I'd wait another year after that so the year end clear out deals are happening...
You would think. Except you don’t hear guys raving about their steel toed work boots much because its just part of the tool kit for the job. I’d say the Ford, Dodge and GM full sized truck are like the boots everyone has one, uses one or depends on one big whoop?

Then you have the city slickers with the Toyotas, Texas packages and Baja toys that rave like school girls at a boy band concert. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles