We had the car for 25 years as a family car. 3 years ago we started a diesel conversion (1HDFT/H151) and removed the rear two rows and built an expedition rig. I wrote a blog on Overland Bound
and will write short one in this forum. Also @big_reg_adventures.
Cabinets are all metal construction from 1/2" square steel tube and sheet metal/aluminum. They bolt into the support for the rear two rows of seats.
1. Year, model, color, etc:
1993 Toyota land Cruiser FZJ80 Red >>> converted to HDJ81 Desert Sand
2. Name of owner/screen name:
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?
Owned since 1998. We have 3 40 series (2 of which diesel) and one 60 series (diesel)
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:
60K and 300K. Put 45K miles in two years after the conversion including a trip from CA to AK.
5. Your favorite mods... If any:
*Diesel conversion (Toyota 24 valve turbo diesel and 5 speed)
*Full camper in the back.
*built in fridge
*18 gallons under the car. 9 heated with heat exchange and 9 cold.
* built in sink and shower
* roll out bed inside the cab (set up time 2 minutes)
* built in kitchen (set up time 30 seconds)
6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated):
View attachment 668755View attachment 668756View attachment 668757View attachment 668758
8. Link to your build thread:
Blog on Overland Bound
and will write short one in this forum.
Video on YouTube