ExPo 80 Series Registry

Guambomb

Adventurer
1. Year, model, color, etc:
94, 80, White

2. Name of owner/screen name:
Dave / Guambomb

3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?
Well, I owned it for 1.5 years then sold it (gone for 2 years) then just bought it back, so about 1.6 years :D This is my third 80 series Landcruiser.

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:
167K, 184K

5. Your favorite mods... If any:
6 inch Slee lift, 2wd kit, Aux tank, Fridge

6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:
Mainly for adventure trips to the mountains in Southeast Oklahoma and the National forest's in Arkansas.

7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated):
SpringExpedition222.jpg

Landcruiser001.jpg

Fall2010Expedition336.jpg

Roc Doc

The fat girl with the pretty face.

1994 FZJ White
Doc / Roc Doc
Purchased fall of 2013. First LC, but not first Toyota.
223k now 228k.
Three link front suspension with Bilstein 9100 remote reservoir coilovers, 16x9 Interco Birddog wheels with 315/75-16 Goodyears, Binksfab bumpers and sliders, 10k winch, Rigid LED lights, 2m radio, GPS, CB, bangin' stereo...want to add awning, air bumps and swaybar in front, swing out NATO can carrier in back, and 2nd gas tank.
I drive it pretty regular, but it was purchased to be an expo rig and backroader with some good rockcrawling capabilities.

Pictures later.

valhalla viking

1991 HDJ81 VX ltd. charcoal vinyl wrap.
Dana Kittilsen / valhalla viking
Purchased August 2012. First LC, first Toyota!
194k now 229
Was completely stock. Came with drawer system and roof basket.
35" open country MT, 2" OME med lift, cruising' off road front bumper w/ 9k warn winch, Webasto w/GSM cellular remote switch.
It is a DD, and building toward an expedition rig.
qusure2u.jpg

abe7ahyb.jpg

uqega4u3.jpg

No build thread as of yet. But I will write one as I get ready for my first real expedition.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ab1985

Explorer
94, 80, White

Dave / Guambomb

Well, I owned it for 1.5 years then sold it (gone for 2 years) then just bought it back, so about 1.6 years :D This is my third 80 series Landcruiser.

167K, 184K

6 inch Slee lift, 2wd kit, Aux tank, Fridge

Mainly for adventure trips to the mountains in Southeast Oklahoma and the National forest's in Arkansas.

Glad to see you got this truck back. It's one of the rigs that got me thinking about 80's. :drool:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
1997 FZJ 80 Looked up the colors and according to the brochure Its "Desert Dune Pearl over Moonglow Pearl with Oak interior. It's loaded out with ARB bumper, OME Lift with caster correction plates, DC front shaft, factory triple locked on 315 75 R16's. The PO's did quite a few modifications that I'm still figuring out including a AUX fuse box, several power ports in various locations, Depo headlight conversion and a pretty decent sounding pioneer stereo.
Eric / grim
Wanted a 80 for a while and with the sale of my hot rod I decided to replace my 86 4runner that was not doing well with trailers. Had many toyota vehicles but this is my first Cruiser. Bought it 5 days ago with a long list of Mods. After some math and seeing what else was on the local market the premium I paid is actually going to be a savings. I figure there is about $4k of mods on the truck.
132,900. About 30 since I bought it.
Like I said above I'm still getting a feel for what I have. I had heard the factory lights were a disappointment. I've been spoiled with my hella euro spec H4 headlights I have been moving from one vehicle to the next since 1984 that have been in my 86 4runner. The Depo headlights actually look to be of decent quality putting out a very similar light pattern to my trusty Hella's. They are aimed low right now but that's a easy fix. The high beams seem quite good but I still think I'll be wiring in my Hella Rallye 1000 pencil beams to throw some big lumens down the road.
All of the above and. Then some. I was building out my 86 4Runner but lack of back doors for my teenager and lack of pulling power (and stopping power) this is going to cover my needs.
Just picked it up but the PO had quite a few nice shots for the sale ad I'm putting up till I can get some shots taken.

8. Link to your build thread:
Coming

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Conundrum

Observer
Copied over from mud...

1997 LX450 locked 3x, 1969 M101A1.

I'm Nate in Idaho.

It's name is New Gari. I sold Old Gari to get New Gari. The trailers name is Winston. This is my second 80 series and third Landcruiser. It used to belong to a friend and Moody before that.

194,xxx

Mods: ARB front, 4x4 Labs rear with gas can holder and tire swing out, Slee step sliders, Luna Dual battery setup, Cobra CB, IPF lights, OME 418/864 springs with spacers, Slee caster plates, extended brake lines and breathers, drop sways, custom rear shelf that bolts to third row brackets with 2 water jug spots, recovered drivers seat, Alpine head unit with 4 Infinity speakers, snorkel w/ Donaldson pre filter, PHH upgrade, new OEM radiator, blue clutch. What has been done since I bought it in the last few weeks...rewired dual system to take out fuses, OEM hand throttle, OEM cup holder, wired Primus brake controller, center diff button and 7 pin, Gem State mud flaps, new Cooper STT 315s, Factor 55 thimble (cool local company), new exhaust resonator to tuck up under the rear bumper, rewiired CB, new Sears Diehards, Thule Rack and Garvin rack depending on the mood, Warn M9000, pull pal, full recovery kit, Scangauge II, new pintle and 7 pin.

Trailer mods: pulled 24v system and rewired, new lights, new tongue tool box, stripped a lot of the landing gear, new 4 ton axle with electric brakes and hole pattern to match the 80, 80 rims with BFG at's, additional spare that can be hauled underneath with an OEM spare tire winch, new cable safety chains, Cascadia RTT. Took the high lift mount and Jerry can racks that I previously installed off so it's easier to move by hand. It was a very interesting setup to do the axle swap in front of my house.

Future mods: considering in cab winch controls using the antennae buttons, a concealed carry slot where the six disc changer was, looking at a chainsaw mount underneath the Jerry can rack (I don't like petro in the cab), fire extinguisher mount under drivers dash, and I'm sure little stuff I'm forgetting.

photo-2.jpg image.jpg

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
1. 1996, FZJ80, White, Factory lockers:
2. Chi-Town
3. 3 Weeks, first land cruiser, many Toyotas
4. 246,670 miles
5. None yet
6. DD, overland travel, minor off-road use
7. None yet
8. Haven't started one yet...

Well I finally decided to step away from jeeps and make my garage all Toyota (AE86, MR-S are my others).

So far I'm pretty happy with it. I won the P0401 battle right of the bat (thanks Ih8mud!). Next up is front knuckle rebuilds with a set of new birfields then probably the head gasket.

The goal is bulletproof reliability and fun to drive.

polarisman151

1991 FJ80 silver/grey
Kevin / polarisman151
Purchased Aug. 2013. This is my first LC, fifth Toyota.
134,000mi around 137,000mi
Not to many mods yet, looking forward to dual batteries, winch and RTT.
The OME lift and new tires sure made a difference. Slee rear bumper w/dual swing-outs is a piece of art.
DD right now, camping, upcoming adventure to Alaska for our honeymoon.
#1 First test drive, didn't run when I bought it. #2 My fiance and I. #3 1st night in the tent.
2013-10-02 18.02.28.jpgDSC01847.jpgIMG_1457.jpg

8. Link to your build thread:
No build thread yet.

Attachments

• 2014-03-11 13.03.51.jpg
    2014-03-11 13.03.51.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

ib14a69

Observer
340350_3224607704335_1286264875_o.jpg
Could only find one Pic of my 1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary on our new pc. and unfortunately its a poser pic. I am just about to roll over 133k miles next week. Factory locked. I have owned it almost 6 years.

mtullis

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1997 FZJ80
2. Name of owner/screen name:Adam
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first? 8 Years
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 80K-160K
5. Your favorite mods... If any:Lights
6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: DD, family adventure
8. Link to your build thread:None

b5yBDMonhIxVl8wOrSfSs-ZSWJey8v_w1goQc8vzCwPs=w1236-h695-no

lake+061.JPG

20130427_144350.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz