Eurovan Blu.O (2.0)

Cole

Expedition Leader
I can fix that:sombrero: I've bought another MV to convert to a poptop and sell that isn't spoken for yet.

We will see how the forum goes. The Eurovan crowd has been screaming for their very own forum for years but no one would provide it. So I figured I'd toss it out there and see how it goes.

Cole

Expedition Leader
18420040139_f31b640e08_o_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
I bough another black MV Eurovan to convert to a poptop and sell! It didn't come with a stereo. Figured it deserved a good one and it was a chance to upgrade the one in Blu.O at the same time. So I installed two of these last night!

The screen and button colors can be set independently so I can make it match the factory radio dash lights(which are inverse of the image, I changed it later)

This is the perfect upgrade for a Eurovan!

-CD for the old folks
-Blutooth calling and streaming of Pandora, iHeart Radio, and other music from your phone
-Siri control
-USB port is great for charging (can always use an extra and this one is switched)
-remote control to control the stereo from the bed or outside the van while tailgating.

Sony MEX-5100BT

18729083296_dbfb7231d7_z_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
I know we often overlook stereos here. But having access to music that you like makes a big difference on this long drives.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Forgive my VW ignorance...I've only had bugs and jettas in my collection. What years/vehicles are those components out of?

Cole

Expedition Leader
Forgive my VW ignorance...I've only had bugs and jettas in my collection. What years/vehicles are those components out of?

No worries! It was intended to be a little vague;-)

That is a Syncro (4wd) 5 speed manual and read differential that was never available in the USA. I've actually got a complete Syncro conversion sitting in my driveway and all the parts to convert Blu.O.....along with the TDI from the Passat

Cole

Expedition Leader
Well.....sorta! My 4.5 bay garage isn't quite big enough.

So we are under contract on a property the is .75 of an acre that I can build a bigger garage on and expand the existing one.

I really want to be around for my daughter as much as possible while she is young (2.5yo now). Once she is in school then I may consider buying shop space near by.

speedtre

Explorer
Well.....sorta! My 4.5 bay garage isn't quite big enough.

So we are under contract on a property the is .75 of an acre that I can build a bigger garage on and expand the existing one.

I really want to be around for my daughter as much as possible while she is young (2.5yo now). Once she is in school then I may consider buying shop space near by.

Good move...you have plenty of time to be out of the house later...they are only little once. I look at my own and wonder where the time went.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I know I haven't updated this thread forever.

I have been collecting parts for Blu.O. But have been far too busy building Eurovans for other people to work on my own. I actually loaned Blu.o out to a guy for the last few months while working on his van.

I figured I'd toss in a couple of pictures of the stuff I have been doing in the meantime.

Found this Euro Cubby for Blu.0 to replace the USA knee bolster.

23287560669_130bde933c_c.jpg

Built this for a lady in San Diego

23028449783_8c26332231_c.jpg

23027355474_a2e23460d5_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles