Electric Chain Saw???

Hoooogan

I carry a Milwaukee M18 chainsaw with a 12.0AH battery(I have other smaller batteries for other various things). Works great for fire wood duty. I'm not a logger or a trail clearer(Las Vegas doesn't have many trees), so battery works great. I use about 1/4 battery to supply one really good fire. I've filled the bar oil when new, and after a handful of uses, she's still pretty full.

Alloy

I've been using the Silky 2000 to clear trails/roads and cut fire wood for 4 years. It is on its 3rd blade.

Spent 6 months considering electric chainsaws and decided to go with a Silky 650.

One of the first things to do with these saws is to Loctite the hinge nut and bolt. 20200306_133644.jpg

Recommended books for Overlanding

JPaul

Observer
Uhhh... I'd like some words. What is happening here?
First one looks like a racing saw, second is someone didn't know what they were doing at all and got the bar pinched in a terrible way.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Alloy

WOW I probably would have just climbed over it but I admire your work ethic. How long did it take?
Guess about 15 min.

Purpose of trail clearing is to limit the impact. Once there's enough blowdown/deadfall blocking a trail people head off in different directions so the trail gets to be 40' wide instead of 4'.

1000arms

Had a chance to used the Silky Saw while hiking.

View attachment 587316
... I admire your work ethic. How long did it take?
Guess about 15 min.

Purpose of trail clearing is to limit the impact. Once there's enough blowdown/deadfall blocking a trail people head off in different directions so the trail gets to be 40' wide instead of 4'.
Thank you.

Hopefully your trail-clearing attitude and work ethic are contagious!