Edgestar Fridge Modifications Thread

KK6POV

Adventurer
A new run will be cut next week! PM me your mailing adress and I will have them boxed and ready to ship before I ask you to pay me :)

1. sk8rdi16
2. DaJuge
3. xjintx
4.lipek
5.edlaffoon
6.bigd74
any more let me know!

Last edited:

pkelly72

Adventurer
I wanted to update this thread with my experience.
I was lucky enough to check the scratch and dent site (a few times a day) and pick up an FP 630 a few weeks ago.
I haven't had much time to mess around with it, but did plug it in (110V AC) and it cooled down nice and quick. Only thing is, it only cooled that one time. After that it has stayed at about 64F. I talked to Edgestar service and to compact appliance who was finally able to refund my money for the defective unit. Almost lost out due to not having a serial number! Well, should have the money in 3 days.
I have a little 12V fridge knowledge from my sailboat fridge so I hooked my gauges up and sure enough, no refrigerant. Added a little to get it up to the required 6-8psi while the compressor is running and voila, cooling like a champ.
I obviously got a unit with a leak or just low refrigerant. There is a self-piercing service valve on this unit that is not present from the manufacturer. I'll be monitoring the gauges for a while to see how bad of a leak.
ge5a2ety.jpg

Where did you get the self piercing valve and how's the pressure? Did this fix the problem?

KK6POV

Adventurer
sorry for the wait time, my partner in crime and I only do this stuff as a hobby they are on their way though!

XJINTX

Explorer
Got mine saturday. Dumb question... are the current handle screws long enough with this plate ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior