Earthroamer For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Chris,
Sorry about your troubles.
I’m not really sure why at the beginning of all this you just didn’t say: vehicle lost coolant, engine overheated, became disabled in the desert, and you became dehydrated, and had to be hospitalized?
Seems like it would have lessened all the drama with this thread.
Hope you are able to have a positive outcome.

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
images

For what it’s worth, I didn’t see a lot of drama being created by Pixelwix. Just some disappointment from buying a used truck with problems. The hospitalization comment was pretty mysterious, but so what?

MTSN

Explorer
I actually also spoke to the original buyer (seller to Chris) briefly as well after he posted here, who re-iterated to me at that time that after using it for 2 weeks he and his wife decided it wasn't for them (didn't need 4x4, wanted more space, better ride, comfort, etc...) .

Sounds like the seller to Chris quickly figured out the truck had a bunch of issues and wanted to sell it fast so responsible party would be obfuscated by 2 quick sales in a short amount of time and ER still being in possession of the truck. I never believe people who are willing to plunk down ~$200k on one of the most outlandishly built 4x4s on the planet and turn around and sell days later saying "I guess I don't need 4x4". That's some incredible BS if I've ever heard it and should be a red flag to any potential buyer. It's not a surprise there are issues with the title due to multiple ownership transfers in a short period of time, but that should get sorted out relatively easily with some patience as the DMV needs to process paperwork 2x it sounds like. It never ceases to amaze me how much general drama follows these trucks and other 6 figure builds :ROFLMAO:

LD5050

$160k hot potato :(
Hope it works out for the OP, and that the next buyer knows what’s what’s before going all in.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
“Chris becoming de-hydrated while he was stuck in rig in southeast summer heat”
vs.
“engine overheated, became disabled in the desert, and you became dehydrated”

Hey man, we wanna know where those SE deserts at?

?

sierraskier

“Chris becoming de-hydrated while he was stuck in rig in southeast summer heat”
vs.
“engine overheated, became disabled in the desert, and you became dehydrated”

Hey man, we wanna know where those SE deserts at?

?

Pretty amazing the amount of pontification, assumptions, false correlations and general BS that gets thrown around here!

gregmchugh

Observer
K
Pretty amazing the amount of pontification, assumptions, false correlations and general BS that gets thrown around here!

Seems like a pretty typical occurrence here on Expedition Portal when the thread goes off the rails. Most manage to keep the comments on point but some just can’t manage it... :)

but you have to say, the OP created this mess. Intentionally harm to EarthRoamer without "defamation of character". Cant say i would blame him after dropping $160k on your dream ride.

Last edited:

2deg

Unless the engine was damaged by the overheating, which shouldn't be the case, this doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Close off or bypass the water heating loop and get going. The other stuff are small fixes. Not really worth crying over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz