E350 Storage Drawers, Air Down Gear Up SS1

Air Down Gear Up

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself; I'm Kyle Bell and I am the Co-Owner of Air Down Gear Up. We make storage/sleeping solutions primarily for the toyota/lexus 4x4 SUV world, but recently installed a system in an E350 van, which was awesome!

This particular customer had worked with us for a system on his Land Cruiser, and liked it so much he wanted something in his E350 (which was totally crazy awesome!). As a coincidence, we were selling a used Land Cruiser system at the time so we adapted that to work with the E350. Because the vehicle was lifted so much, we opted to position the drawers against the 3rd row, to create a 'step' for his dogs to be able to jump up onto. This is an adventure family-mover for this customer, so the bench seating was preserved. What you're seeing in the pictures is the Land Cruiser system as-is, but the key takeaway here is the vehicle-specific mounting system we developed. Our anchoring is solid aluminum mounted directly to the seat bolts, creating an incredibly robust mount. The structural frame is all aluminum as well. We worked out all the vehicle dimensions, so we could EASILY adapt this system to be a more direct fit in an E350.

So what do you guys think? Anyone interested in seeing more Air Down Gear Up systems in the E-series vans? We could also easily offer 'seat-delete' style sleeper, no problem.

PXL_20221212_205707710.jpg

PXL_20221212_205504376.jpg

20221212_120407.jpgPXL_20221212_205707710.jpgPXL_20221212_205504376.jpg20221212_120407.jpg

ace944gs

Definitely interested in more e350 stuff like this!

a few questions-

1) how easy is the setup to install/remove? It'd be great to swap from people mover to camper quickly...that's why vans are awesome so losing out on that IMO is a compromise.

2) is this something you ship and customer can install? Or does this need to me installed in yourshop?

3) what would be different with a direct fit for an e350 vs what you've got in the pics here? It looks pretty good as is!

ace944gs

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself; I'm Kyle Bell and I am the Co-Owner of Air Down Gear Up. We make storage/sleeping solutions primarily for the toyota/lexus 4x4 SUV world, but recently installed a system in an E350 van, which was awesome!

This particular customer had worked with us for a system on his Land Cruiser, and liked it so much he wanted something in his E350 (which was totally crazy awesome!). As a coincidence, we were selling a used Land Cruiser system at the time so we adapted that to work with the E350. Because the vehicle was lifted so much, we opted to position the drawers against the 3rd row, to create a 'step' for his dogs to be able to jump up onto. This is an adventure family-mover for this customer, so the bench seating was preserved. What you're seeing in the pictures is the Land Cruiser system as-is, but the key takeaway here is the vehicle-specific mounting system we developed. Our anchoring is solid aluminum mounted directly to the seat bolts, creating an incredibly robust mount. The structural frame is all aluminum as well. We worked out all the vehicle dimensions, so we could EASILY adapt this system to be a more direct fit in an E350.

So what do you guys think? Anyone interested in seeing more Air Down Gear Up systems in the E-series vans? We could also easily offer 'seat-delete' style sleeper, no problem.

View attachment 756547

View attachment 756548

View attachment 756549View attachment 756547View attachment 756548View attachment 756549

any updates here?

KTMRIDER

Observer

a few questions-

1) how easy is the setup to install/remove? It'd be great to swap from people mover to camper quickly...that's why vans are awesome so losing out on that IMO is a compromise.

2) is this something you ship and customer can install? Or does this need to me installed in yourshop?

3) what would be different with a direct fit for an e350 vs what you've got in the pics here? It looks pretty good as is!

I had their system in my 200 series Land Cruiser and it was very nicely built. Customer service was also excellent as I worked with them for a few months for some custom mods. I had them add extra L-Track and was one of the first to order the full version that can also be installed as a half system along with sleeper panels.

- They ship everything and it was packaged well with no damage.

- It took me 4 or 5 hours to assemble if I recall but part of that was figuring out which parts to use since I had extra for the half system and extra L-Track. I reached out to them a few times with questions and they were quick to respond.

- Removing would take about 20-30 realistically as you remove drawers, undo turnbuckles and remove mounting hardware if needed. The nice thing is you can remove the drawers and keep the platform in place and store larger items if needed underneath.

- I wish it would have fit in my current E350 layout as the drawers would have been nice. Very practical setup for sure.

- They are a small company but very reputable in the Land Cruiser community.

ace944gs

Thanks!

They look great. I'm hoping they dev and sell something for the econoline for all those reasons... I'm otherwise going to build something which I'd rather not do as I'll likely not be able to get it as modular as I need/want.

Air Down Gear Up

a few questions-

I apologize for my delayed response here! Must not have notifications set up on this forum! Thanks @KTMRIDER for the input! Answering your questions:

• As mentioned the build itself takes about 3 hours, with the install into the vehicle taking probably 20ish minutes. We have provided videos for our Land Cruiser build/install to provide a little insight.

• Either way! We can accommodate either shipping or an in-shop install, whichever works best for the customer.
  • Biggest thing is we'd like to have this more 'right sized'. We can make a longer drawer, make the system a little wider and better-fit the wings, etc. We have a system for the Toyota Sequoia that is about 10inches longer than what's shown in the picture for the Econoline, so that system might even be a better fit. The drawers on the Sequoia are a MASSIVE 48inches long, so you could potentially have a small child sleep in them. (kidding of course!) 20221118_161656.jpg
We'd love to sell you a system! You can respond here or hit us up at info@airdowngearup.com and we can chat through the details of what another econoline system would look like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior