-->

E350 Chinook Build

FatBuoy

Yep, it’s basically that simple. I was looking at doing a 2WD front end swap with new e-series takeoff parts from Quadvan that they’re left with when they do 4wd conversions. You basically upgrade the 90s Chinook to current brakes/hubs/springs/etc. I spoke with the owner about this, and he recommended a front coil spring that gave a slight lift, and then going to a local spring supplier company to get the rear springs custom-made. Once they know what kind of weight the springs need to hold, it’s fairly straightforward for them to design the right spring pack to your weight. Rear end leaf springs aren’t rocket science.
Wow. You aren’t going to believe this, but John just sent me a 2021 0 mile takeoff. It’s on a pallet in my garage. My initial reason was for the post 2008 brakes, but for what he charged, a whole new front suspension was a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eporter

Adventurer
Ha, that’s awesome! I used to post over on the Chinook forum, but then I sold the “shell nook” project. Wrote a few posts about the quadvan deal, it’s a steal compared to even just buying new parts. I paid a bunch in front end work on an e350 ambo, but didn’t know about the quadvan deal. He was even lining up a local shop or two to specialize in the conversions. Basically helping him get rid of extra parts!

Still lurking here as they’re still cool rigs, especially this one!

FatBuoy

Ha, that’s awesome! I used to post over on the Chinook forum, but then I sold the “shell nook” project. Wrote a few posts about the quadvan deal, it’s a steal compared to even just buying new parts. I paid a bunch in front end work on an e350 ambo, but didn’t know about the quadvan deal. He was even lining up a local shop or two to specialize in the conversions. Basically helping him get rid of extra parts!

Still lurking here as they’re still cool rigs, especially this one!
It may have very well been your write-up that educated me on the option. Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk