sometimes perfect is the enemy of good
I like APP as a default standard, need a strong reason to depart from that.
Yes Powerwerx is a great source for APP mount plates, accessories and breakout distribution boxes etc. Also Aussie supply places, marine, outback 4WD, even aussie eBay, used a lot down under.Good enough is my aim.
I can see the cigg outlets being non secure, on all my boat wiring projects I have replaced the old corroded ones with Blue Sky marine grade ones, and never had a problem. I already have a number of my electrical items wired with cigg plugs. If things like low wattage 1.2A LED lights and light duty air pumps are wired to a cigg outlets does that pose a significant danger?
What is APP, Anderson Power Pole? Is this the equivalent of the APP in a 1 1/8" form?
If so I would totally go with that. My bias against Anderson was the big bulky external plugs. If those were kosher I would use those in my upcoming build.
Well, my battery box is about done. Here’s the rundown.
100ah Renogy AGM battery charges from:
- Solar charging through Renogy Wanderer 30a charge controller with 100W Renogy panel on roof input through Anderson Power Poles and option to add 200W from Renogy Eclipse suitcases with input through MC4 connectors.
- DC charging from car battery through Renogy 20a DC/DC converter wired to truck battery, input through Anderson Powerpoles
- AC charging from 3a Battery Tender with input from AC port
Output goes to:
- 700W Renogy Inverter with one AC port on box, switch on outside of box
- ARM fridge freezer outlet on box
- USB and 12v outlets with voltmeter on box
Have two busbars, main battery switch and junction box for outputs. Have installed two vents and will add more.
Thanks for everyone’s comments. Appreciate any feedback or counsel!
Need to complete - More in-line fuses and final securing of battery and inverter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great build! I just stumbled across this thread and I'm interested in learning more about what you've put together.
Any chance you have a layout drawing showing all the components and connections? I figure if I'm gonna do this I'll get all the components first and test fit them and then determine the best container/box for all the components.