Does anyone know about ARK Portable battery boxes and where to buy them

Rockrunner

Observer
Hi to all that follow this thread

i just wanted to advise that Ark will be at the overland West expo a link is below for reference

http://www.overlandexpo.com/west/

we will be located on the "Kakadu Booth Display, we will be running some super specials on our entire range for those who visit us at the booth.

my colleague Mark will be there to answer any and all questions you have about our entire range.

hope to see some of you there is anyone thinking of going ?

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett,
I am looking at the 730 to power my ARB 50 and a 19" LCD TV on my boat. Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the Expo this year and don't believe any of my friends are heading there this year either. I just started pricing the unit out since I am now seriously shopping for one, found a good price online with free shipping but thought I would check with you directly. I would need to have the unit shipped to 80125 to give you an idea. In addition I was thinking of using the Anderson plugs to charge it directly from the boat motor, should be similar to a car, since 12-12 takes longer and we don't run the engine continuously for long enough periods of time. If you could PM me the price etc. that would be great. Also was wondering if there are any plans in the works for a unit that will hold a larger than 130 battery?

Thanks in advance for the information, Tom

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Brett,
I am looking at the 730 to power my ARB 50 and a 19" LCD TV on my boat. Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the Expo this year and don't believe any of my friends are heading there this year either. I just started pricing the unit out since I am now seriously shopping for one, found a good price online with free shipping but thought I would check with you directly. I would need to have the unit shipped to 80125 to give you an idea. In addition I was thinking of using the Anderson plugs to charge it directly from the boat motor, should be similar to a car, since 12-12 takes longer and we don't run the engine continuously for long enough periods of time. If you could PM me the price etc. that would be great. Also was wondering if there are any plans in the works for a unit that will hold a larger than 130 battery?

Thanks in advance for the information, Tom

Hi Tom

you can purchase the Ark Pak direct from our USA website the link is located in my signature and also below

http://www.arkportablepower.com/products/arkpak-730-portable-power

we currently have a free shipping program going that saves you some big dollars on delivery,

Using an Anderson plug to charge up is ok but i would also encourage you to give the Ark Pak and AC home charge or DC car charge on a regular basis the reason is if you have it constantly connected to the anderson plug to charge up it will only be getting between a 60% and 80% charge. it is only when you use the AC home charger or DC car charger that the battery gets a true 100% charge.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Rockrunner

Observer
Hi Tom

you can purchase the Ark Pak direct from our USA website the link is located in my signature and also below

http://www.arkportablepower.com/products/arkpak-730-portable-power

we currently have a free shipping program going that saves you some big dollars on delivery,

Using an Anderson plug to charge up is ok but i would also encourage you to give the Ark Pak and AC home charge or DC car charge on a regular basis the reason is if you have it constantly connected to the anderson plug to charge up it will only be getting between a 60% and 80% charge. it is only when you use the AC home charger or DC car charger that the battery gets a true 100% charge.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Thanks for the info Brett,
i am going to be using it on a boat for most of the summer with some camping trips in between. I am looking to use solar while I am on the boat in addition to the Anderson plug so it gets a quick charge when the engine is running if I am correct. What solar system do you guys suggest? I am looking to keep the footprint as small as possible since room is always an issue on a boat. If it is semi portable even better so I can take it with me camping. Cost of course is a consideration but I don't want a cheap unit either. Any information is appreciated.

Rockrunner

Observer
Brett,
Hello,
I just ordered a 730 and when I returned to the home page I saw a picture that showed that you are selling a 730 with solar as a package. I tried to look for any info but I wasn't able to. Could you tell me what the price would be for this package please. If it is better than what I can get from the Solar place I rather get it from you guys.
Thanks Tom

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Brett,
Hello,
I just ordered a 730 and when I returned to the home page I saw a picture that showed that you are selling a 730 with solar as a package. I tried to look for any info but I wasn't able to. Could you tell me what the price would be for this package please. If it is better than what I can get from the Solar place I rather get it from you guys.
Thanks Tom

Hi Rockrunner

our 30 watt and 60 watt amorphous solar panels have sold out very quickly they have been much more popular then we have expected and sold out way head of our projection, we are getting some more in but that will be about 8 to 12 weeks away if you need one ASAP we can ship from our head office in Sydney Australia if you like.

please let me know what option suits you best.

Regards

Brett from Ark

austintaco

Explorer
Ark Pak under a flippac

I have had the Arkpak in the cab, next to the fridge since I first purchased it, and I just got my Anderson plug wiring all figured out, but now I want to move it to the back of the truck, in a Flippac camper. My hesitation is that for optimum use of its features and to be able to connect and disconnect plugs, it needs to be accessible. The best spot for it is by the tailgate. My only hesitation is the added weight behind the rear axle and the chance of water getting in.
I spent a half of a day fixing a leaky sliding window, and I can safely say that it does not leak (9" of rain to prove it), but water can sometimes get past the tailgate and hatch. I'm installing a some tailgate seal, and I hope this eliminates any moisture.

Anyone else have their Pak in the back, by the tailgate? Thoughts? My fridge is going on a slider across from it, so the weight will be distributed, but it's still just behind the rear wheels.

Roc8man

On the Arkpak website it advertises two new models coming in August. When clicked on, it says there is an error and that page does not exist. Can you tell me more about what is coming? I am interested in purchasing a system but don't want to get one until I know what all my choices are.

Thanks

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
On the Arkpak website it advertises two new models coming in August. When clicked on, it says there is an error and that page does not exist. Can you tell me more about what is coming? I am interested in purchasing a system but don't want to get one until I know what all my choices are.

Thanks

Hi Roc8man

i can confirm that this was in relation to the AP730 and AP715 becoming available last year 2015 not this year 2016, the current models are the AP730 and AP715 there is nothing new coming in August 2016.

your choices are the AP730 and the AP715 if you need some additional information on these 2 models please ask i can post up a PDF for you.

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
HEADS UP EVERYONE

you got to be in it to win it details are listed below

WIN an XO Series Trailer Jack!!!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. “Like” our Ark Portable Power Facebook PAGE
2. “Share” and “comment” on this POST
Winner must have a US/Canadian shipping address, promotion ends midnight (Arizona time – MTZ), Monday August 1st 2016.
Winner drawn 12pm Tuesday 2nd August, and will be announced via Facebook and contacted for delivery instruction…
Entries open to US/Canadian residents only…
Learn: http://www.arkportablepower.com/pages/xo-trailer-jack
Review: http://www.jeepexpeditions.org/REVIEWS-TRAILERS-JockeyWheel.php
Watch: https://youtu.be/OPIJfoPd930
By entering you agree to a complete release of Facebook, and acknowledge the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook…
#Ark #ArkCorporation #ArkPortablePower #TrailerJack #XOSeries #GetOutside #Explore #NaturePlay #Go4x4 #4x4 #OffGrid #Competition #Giveaway #Win

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all that follow this thread

i just wanted to advise i am going on some much needed holiday leave i will be on leave from today 25/07/2016 and i will be returning to work on Monday 22/08/2016 so if you have any questions about our products or need support it would be best to email sales@arkcorporation.com

this email address will be looked after from Sydney Australia so there may be a delay in replying time, i may log in from time to time if time permits.

take care and speak to you all very soon.

Regards

Brett from Ark

dirtlimo

Observer
Very close to pulling the trigger on this and a Vmax battery.
Couple questions:
1. The Vmax battery states you need to use their battery charger for optimum performance, can you "safely" use the cig lighter to recharge these while on the go? or should I just use a Sears type battery?
2. This unit has a smart charger, so should I even worry about question #1? :)

Thank you all for this informative post! :)

TacomaAustin

Observer
ArkPak DC to DC Charger

Very close to pulling the trigger on this and a Vmax battery.
Couple questions:
1 Can you "safely" use the cig lighter to recharge these while on the go?

:)

I use a Vmax AGM Deep Cycle battery with my ArkPak 715. The ArkPak has an AGM setting - and - the smart charger works brilliantly as a storage box for my AGM battery, when it is out of the vehicle between journeys. As a storage unit, using 120 AC shore power, I'm finding that the ArkPak will maintain an AGM auxiliary battery at 13.1 volts.

As a DC to DC charger, I'm not very trusting of the running the smart charger's electronics, whilst simultaneously having my fridge plugged into the ArkPak.

If the vehicle's cigarette light socket has a 15 amp or greater fuse, then yes, you can use the ArkPak (DC-DC) charger cord to recharge the auxiliary battery - but keep in mind that it will take multiple hours of driving, anywhere from a few hours to upwards in the range of 8 to 12 hours drive time to top off a battery that has been allowed to be depleted near the 60 percent level.

My advice - do not run a device that draws a heavy load off of the ArkPak - while simultaneously using the ArkPak (DC to DC) charger for an extended period of time. When it comes time to hit the road - I recommend running the fridge off a separate circuit , which is independently wired and fused back to the vehicle battery, with regards to whatever 12v DC outlet is being used for the ArkPak DC-DC cord.

So, while camped, I can plug the fridge into the ArkPak with no problem. While on the road, I feel it's best unplug the fridge from the ArkPak while it is recharging the auxiliary battery.

Last edited:

lchavez

Observer
Almost a year later update.

Ran my fridge, Wilson booster and charged devices from Nov-Jun. Also finally used the inverter to power a solder iron in the field:)

Just recently re-installed for the next season with the addition of a CB radio. This is mounted to the upper part of the handle so the screws do not penetrate the upper control portion, or the battery, as there is an air space at this location.
7e70f8fd1fd2d83afe6872cb51355c65.jpg

Issues:
1. had an error when charging from both solar via Anderson and car via cig lighter adapter. I now only charge with one or the other.

2. Cig lighter adapter plug is finicky. Have to jiggle it at the battery box once in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online