Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

kmcintyre

Observer
Annie standing beside the spare tire and lift and the rear swinging storage box for scale. The tire is 41" tall.

The roof of the camper so far. Still some components to be installed up here.

Kitchen area from the walk thru looking back.

Cabinets, the end of the sofa and the front bathroom wall.

Bathroom door all painted and waiting to be installed. It's sitting upside down in the photo and is thus hinged at the front of the bathroom. Leaving the bathroom door open while showering will allow for some arm swing in the shower and will make a visual barrier between the front of the camper and the bedroom / bathroom area.

The start to the shower system.

The side of the fridge waiting to be installed.

I like the wine cooler! :)

Healeyjet

Explorer
A quick update for those that care.
I just paid up to Photobucket so all of our old photos of thr build should be functioning now. I will be adding photos of this trip shortly
Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
They use so much salt in Minnesota!

Night shot early in our trip

We toured the Dana Thomas house in Springfield IL. Designwd by Frank Lloyd Wright

On to Florence AL to tour FLLW designed Rosenbaum House

Ward

Last edited:

Healeyjet

Explorer
Over to our friend Ben's house to check out his AEV Brutes

Up to Flagler Beach Florida

Down to Miami to check out the Wynwood Walls

Annie doing some sewing

Went to a Washington Capitals game to visit some freinds

Key West Florida

Key West sunset

Ward

Last edited:

Healeyjet

Explorer
A big friend we camped by

A little beach drive out onto Porpoise Point outside St augustine FL

Annie doing some more sewing

Spot where Annie was sewing

A stop in Asheville NC at the Grove Park Inn

The large fireplace imside the Grove Park Inn

Lunch stop on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Ward

Last edited:

Healeyjet

Explorer
An "upgrade" we made to the camper. We bought a hammock in Key West to put in this spot and it works perfect. Annie slept in in for a good two hours one evening already!

The view out my bedroom window high above Norton VA

Ward

Last edited:

Boz

Observer
Flagler and St. Augustine are two of my favorite places. As well as the Grove Park Inn. Very nice :cool:

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Looks like some great spots to visit. That Inn is amazing, its huge!

Love the Frank Lloyd Wright shots along the way... always wanted to visit a few of those.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Old school selfie! I remember being 16, washing my hot car and heading for the cleanest store windows we could find to watch myself drive by. This photo was taken in Columbus IN. We stopped in Columbus to see the Eero Saarinen designed Miler House. Saarinen designed the house for the owner of Cummins Diesel Engines.

A quick trip up to Axis Industries in Franklin IN to see a Brute that a friend is building. This will be quite the rig when done. It will be running the new Cummins Repower 2.8.

Axis next project

After a stop at Frank Lloyd Wrights Samara in West Lafayette, IN and Frederick's House in Crystal Lake, IL we were treated to a tour of a friends house in Crystal Lake. The owner used to own a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Oak Park IL and now owns Trails End. Trails end is the home built by William Gates, the owner of TECO Pottery.

AND NOW BACK TO REALITY!!
We got home last Friday just in time for a nice dump of fresh snow.

Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94