DIY Expedition Vehicle Build VIDEO

AndrewMuse

Yeah, i think he's off his meds.

There are armies of folks with brand new tacomas and 4runners with trendy $50k on bolt on farkles that rarely get away for more than a weekend.

Yet, you have Andrew building his **** from basically scratch and you're jumping down his throat like a nutjob.

You're a bit special eh?
Dude's definitely off his rocker. Not really sure why I'm the target of his blind hatred but it's surely entertaining!!! What a tool!

Stupidkid

Cant say I disagree with Suave, this is at least the second thread where you link to some other source (youtube) rather than just posting a build within.

At least all those photos posted here are now property of ExpeditionPortal rather than this imaginary production company.

Ideally we'd just let this thing die.

AndrewMuse

I have no blind hatred towards you! However, I am really put-off by your marketing hype. It really yells out to me (and I am sure others like myself the have been adventuring in rigs they have built for much longer than you have been alive)...

ME, ME, I, ME!!! HEY, WHAT DO YOU THINK… ABOUT ME!!!!!

I at first was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I clicked on your pictures and was blown away when the 2nd slide was trying to sell me something! That was when I posted:

You know that there are quite a few people on this site (myself included) that have paid for the privilege to market their products here. And your reply:

Well, in my opinion THAT IS TOTAL BULLSH*T!!! You are in the business of selling yourself and the social media you generate!

So, let’s just agree to disagree and carry on. Though I suspect that like so many “attention junkies” before you that have surfaced on ExPo, you will soon disappear once you realize your hype is paled by the dozens of incredibly talented individuals who share their technical expertise simply to help fellow adventurers rather than boast about how many views and subscribers they have!
Cant say I disagree with Suave, this is at least the second thread where you link to some other source (youtube) rather than just posting a build within.

At least all those photos posted here are now property of ExpeditionPortal rather than this imaginary production company.

Ideally we'd just let this thing die.
Episode two drops tomorrow! get psyched! :ROFLMAO:

UHAULER

Explorer
I watched episode one. It was fine. I was expecting lots of phony , "how wonderful our lives are" and product placement.
Hopefully it won't go the way of most "Vanlife" channels and go over the top cheesy.

AndrewMuse

I watched episode one. It was fine. I was expecting lots of phony , "how wonderful our lives are" and product placement.
Hopefully it won't go the way of most "Vanlife" channels and go over the top cheesy.
Hahah You'll love episode two then. Lots more headaches and progression. lol

AndrewMuse

OH MY GOD!!! YOU ARE SUCH A POSER AND A KOOK!!!
Are you offended? Well, you should be!!! How about you show a side view of your rig AND... share with us the benefits that you have derived from the companies that have their stickers "SLATHERED" on the side of your truck. YOU ARE NOT MARKETING... MY ASS!!!
I feel this one deserves one more follow up. At what point in the entire video did I promote a single brand on the side other than an end screen with the logos?

zoomad75

K5 Camper guy
I watched the video. Pretty obvious you are good at what you do when it comes to recording video and editing. I'm usually a little skeptical of the whole brand ambassador/sponsored build deal, but the first video to me didn't feel like you wrote a check and viola truck was built by somebody else. Sweat equity with some sponsorship isn't a bad thing. What a lot don't realize is that having sponsorship don't mean you have a bottomless budget to build with. Along with the widget or goodie that was provided the builder has to come through with content or being able to get the finished truck to some specific shows to be in the company booth and things like that. Meaning there is usually some strings attached with the sponsorship.

Ten minutes of surfing the OP's youtube page gives a pretty good picture of previous builds and travel footage that showed to me he's not a poser. Looks like he spends more time on the road than most keyboard commandos that like to critique others.

Carry on dude. Have fun with the truck. For the cranky dude in here, it's pretty simple if you don't like it back out of the thread. You don't have to watch the video or any others he produces if it makes you angry.

Darwin

Explorer
At what point in the entire video did I promote a single brand on the side other than an end screen with the logos?
View count, likes, comments, etc is revenue stream on Youtube no? I would be curious to know how much you make off of Youtube. I am not necessarily saying it's bad thing, everyone has to make a buck somehow.

AndrewMuse

View count, likes, comments, etc is revenue stream on Youtube no? I would be curious to know how much you make off of Youtube. I am not necessarily saying it's bad thing, everyone has to make a buck somehow.
Trying to grow my channel for sure. I have around 100 videos on YouTube which has taken thousands of hours of work to create. I've made less than $200 dollars on YouTube in in me entier lifetime. Infact, I've never actually seen a penny of it. Soooo Yes, trying to grow my channel to someday maybe have it be something sustainable but absolutely not even close means on viable income.... I make money as a professional snowboard athlete and content creator for brands. Meaning I create photo/video asstests for brands for them to share on their marketing assets. This is a passion project. I want to share my experience. It's too bad people in this world see someone doing something they wish they could do and immediately attack. Pathetic IMO.

AndrewMuse

I watched the video. Pretty obvious you are good at what you do when it comes to recording video and editing. I'm usually a little skeptical of the whole brand ambassador/sponsored build deal, but the first video to me didn't feel like you wrote a check and viola truck was built by somebody else. Sweat equity with some sponsorship isn't a bad thing. What a lot don't realize is that having sponsorship don't mean you have a bottomless budget to build with. Along with the widget or goodie that was provided the builder has to come through with content or being able to get the finished truck to some specific shows to be in the company booth and things like that. Meaning there is usually some strings attached with the sponsorship.

Ten minutes of surfing the OP's youtube page gives a pretty good picture of previous builds and travel footage that showed to me he's not a poser. Looks like he spends more time on the road than most keyboard commandos that like to critique others.

Carry on dude. Have fun with the truck. For the cranky dude in here, it's pretty simple if you don't like it back out of the thread. You don't have to watch the video or any others he produces if it makes you angry.
Thanks for having my back. I am deeeeeeeeeeply invested into this thing financially. Some of the brands gave me free or discounted product with the exception of a few thousand dollars from brands I do other things for outside this project. Sooo yeah, I'm working for it to say the least! Thanks again man. Working on getting Part Two of the build out today! (Shameless self promotion/marketing/hype or just wanting to share something I've put my heart and soul into) one of the two lol

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183

BINGO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz