Custom build pop-up camper

Arjan

Fossil Overlander
Very Nice !

We've began with the lifting roof on our 110 and as you say, writing a cheque is easier but less fun.

.. or so I'm told

No issues with the fan vent opening forward? No leaks in transitions?
I was told by someone I found on Instagram that they have no issues with theirs facing that direction. So I'm hoping hoping it works out find. Cause I really didn't want to face it the other way and have a rain funnel.

I'm in the desert so might be awhile before I get to see how it holds up in rain. I also haven't even taken it for a drive yet. I just put it on the truck and just parked in. i'm not 100% finished. I was finished enough to mount it.

It's about time! I was getting worried... Looking good!
Haha I had been slacking to go out hiking and working too much. I also wasted a little bit of time trying to work out a design to get the roof to support me between the back of the truck and the fan. I decided to just kick that down the road some.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I was told by someone I found on Instagram that they have no issues with theirs facing that direction. So I'm hoping hoping it works out find. Cause I really didn't want to face it the other way and have a rain funnel.

I'm in the desert so might be awhile before I get to see how it holds up in rain. I also haven't even taken it for a drive yet. I just put it on the truck and just parked in. i'm not 100% finished. I was finished enough to mount it.

I totally get that logic, I would've been skeptical of the vent on the tilt, aim it your way and risk gaskets and closure getting damaged by high winds in transit, aim it the other way and funnel rain into the camper

but you probably had the same fears and looked into it more than I have (which is none)

Looking great, Now I am thinking 80/20 for the lower part of the platform. Simple attachment points for things like an awning etc....
It does make it really easy for stuff like that and can easily be changed. If you go the 80/20 route you should know that the basic nuts(the cheapest) will slide into the the slots and dont have to be put in from the ends. You don't have to buy the super expensive ones they market as drop in nuts. I does make fastener lengths a bit tough, you have to make sure the screw is long enough to catch the nut but not too long it bottoms out. You can always trim screws if its just a few though. I can post a video I made if you or anyone else is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz