Cook Partner stove FAQ / Master thread

cloudpunch

Anyone have any suggestions on good way to modify the windscreen supports on a Cook Partner stove? Those squiggly wires are prone to catching on things (like jackets & sleeves) and a decent breeze will blow the windscreen right off them. I want to swap them out for something more like the bent wire Coleman uses but am not sure what the best way to mount them would be.
Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 10.31.31 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-03-21 at 10.36.50 AM.jpg

workerdrone

Fulltimer
^ that reminds me I was going to wrap mine (squigglies) with a single layer of gaffing tape for some friction, I bet just that will stop the windscreens from moving unwanted. Also was going to break out the engraver and have some fun with the aluminum - including a reminder not to King-Kong-crank the valves closed, which generally happens when I set it up in camp and a bunch of people are using it

When ours isn't camping it's always ready to be deployed as an outside kitchen at home - for stinky or especially smoky searing and cooking

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Anyone have any suggestions on good way to modify the windscreen supports on a Cook Partner stove? Those squiggly wires are prone to catching on things (like jackets & sleeves) and a decent breeze will blow the windscreen right off them. I want to swap them out for something more like the bent wire Coleman uses but am not sure what the best way to mount them would be.
This is how I solved my hate issue with the windscreen supports that come with PS stoves. It takes 30-seconds longer to set-up/take down but they're solid, unaffected by any amount and direction of wind and nothing to catch clothing, etc., on.