Concealed Carry - What Have You Got?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I don't know if other states grant CA CCW carriers reciprocity. CA certainly DOES NOT recognize any CCW's from other states.

quite a lot of states do -
california_map.t.gif

teotwaki

Excelsior!
If California ever gets the laws sorted out for concealed or open carry I can get interested! Right now there is too much swirl to bother with a permit and there are lots of new laws to add more swirl.

With all of the nice small frame firearms concealed carry is easier than ever. (Some day)

glock-G39-Gen3.jpg

glock-26-final.jpg

050415_D7C_7450a.jpg

glock-33-final.jpg

glock-27-final.jpg

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
For whatever reason I've just never been a Glock fanboy. I am, however a fanboy of certain things that the state of California takes a very dim view on so won't be moving back there any time soon.

bigskypylot

Explorer
Glock 40 MOS. My buddy started carrying one and thought I would try it out. I usually carry a single stack 9mm Sig P6 that I got customized but thinking of a G19. My friend had been carrying an UZI with a shoulder rig under his sport coat. He was a licensed FFL/SOT/DD guy and worked with a lot of high-end stuff. He told me that you'd be surprised how easy it was to conceal and people would be none the wiser. He likes the 10mm much better lol

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Glock 40 MOS. My buddy started carrying one and thought I would try it out. I usually carry a single stack 9mm Sig P6 that I got customized but thinking of a G19. My friend had been carrying an UZI with a shoulder rig under his sport coat. He was a licensed FFL/SOT/DD guy and worked with a lot of high-end stuff. He told me that you'd be surprised how easy it was to conceal and people would be none the wiser. He likes the 10mm much better lol

Lol what kind of wise guy carries an uzi under his sport coat. If I feel that need then I'm just stayin home.

LMarshall73

Adventurer
I carry my G19 in one of two Dale Fricke Seraphim holsters depending on whether or not I am carrying with the light mounted.

20151124_092029_zpsym6q0nj0.jpg

CSG

Explorer
When camping, I usually have a couple of handguns with me. For concealed carry, I usually pocket carry a Ruger LCP with a LaserMax, Hogue grip and Speer LE ammo. Holster is a Mika. I also will carry a Glock 17 with a 19 round mag or an FNP-45 with a 15 round mag in the rig. I don't carry a long gun because my van is too small.

While I will always have a firearm available and avoid states that don't like that, I have yet, in 45 or so years of doing this, ever once had a problem. But I'm in the Woodrow Call school of preparedness.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Another XDs 45 cal. Mine at least came with a 5-round magazine. They make a 7-round magazine which is nice, but I found a 6-round magazine and that one feels just right (not so short you can't put your pinky around it, but not so long it seems disproportional).
Or a 1911 if I'm feeling not so inclined to be concealed (camping, backpacking, etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles