Concealed Carry - What Have You Got?

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Concealed carry.......

Hmmmmmm......... let's tell everyone on the internet (photos too!!!!) what we have, how many, how we carry and where on our person we carry etc. etc. How about none of anyones business, is not the operative word "Concealed"? Stupid question asked..... even stupider is to answer it (with photos) no less....... Pleeeze! Just my .02 worth :Wow1: mjmcdowell

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Why is this thread showing up in "new posts"? I thought sportsman's forum was excluded from new posts.

(Don't get me wrong...I disagree with that exclusion policy...but there it is.)

Scott Brady

Founder
Hmmmmmm......... let's tell everyone on the internet (photos too!!!!) what we have, how many, how we carry and where on our person we carry etc. etc. How about none of anyones business, is not the operative word "Concealed"? Stupid question asked..... even stupider is to answer it (with photos) no less....... Pleeeze! Just my .02 worth :Wow1: mjmcdowell

Stupider... ;)

I already have my own black helicopter. I am not too concerned about any others showing up.

Scott Brady

Founder
Why is this thread showing up in "new posts"? I thought sportsman's forum was excluded from new posts.

(Don't get me wrong...I disagree with that exclusion policy...but there it is.)

Curious. It shouldn't be. Were you looking at 'new posts' or 'today's posts'?

robert

Expedition Leader
New trigger, mag release, and the slide milled for an optic

Yeah for the slide you'll need a machinist/gunsmith but the other parts are easy to do yourself. Being able to mail just the slide would save you some money of you are going to send it off. If possible, try the different mag releases before you buy. I bought a Vickers but found that in my leather OWB holster it was possible to bump it and release the magazine. As near as I can tell, I either bumped the side of my truck getting in or managed to push the gun against my waist while fastening the seat belt but either way I later noticed that the magazine was not fully seated. I was able to replicate the partial mag release by pushing against the outside of the holster over the mag catch. This was with a thick leather holster, not a cheapy nylon- you should not have this issue with a stiffer kydex holster. I also didn't end up caring for how it felt in the hand and so I went back to the factory release after beveling around it, finding that combo to work best for me. JMHO

brentbba

Explorer
Newbie - have a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm in jail for it's CA 10 day waiting period. Can pick up on Aug 4 after 11:40am, and yes CA is that specific. I can't pick it up at 11:39. While I have reasons I believe will qualify for a CCW in my county (others with the very same reason, post 9th circuit Peruta ruling, have been approved) I don't know if I'll apply or not.

Storz

Explorer
Vickers Tactical G19.

c9f1024836c5ac6560ab07b7a45f2985.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
Newbie - have a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm in jail for it's CA 10 day waiting period. Can pick up on Aug 4 after 11:40am, and yes CA is that specific. I can't pick it up at 11:39. While I have reasons I believe will qualify for a CCW in my county (others with the very same reason, post 9th circuit Peruta ruling, have been approved) I don't know if I'll apply or not.

If you get it at 11:39 you might kill someone with it. Those laws are there to protect you. Right?

I swap between a few depending on what I'm wearing and if I am concealed or open carrying. LCP in the pocket If I'm wearing shorts that can't take a proper belt, XD subcompact in .40 with IWB (don't carry that one very much), Sig P6 with either IWB or OWB, or Kimber Custom Tactical ii with OWB. I use Hornady Critical Defense in all of them.

brentbba

Explorer
I thought that was hilarious too. Actually, on the California paperwork, it's specifically down to the second for the 10 day waiting period on all handgun purchases. IIRC it's specifically 11:39:41! No impulse purchases here. All handgun purchases require a mandatory 10 day waiting period.

Wait until 2019 and we'll have to register for ammunition purchases like we do for handgun purchases. Anyone from NY here that can chime in on NY's failed attempt to register ammo purchasers? It's at least what I heard prior to Gov. Moonbeam Brown signing the bill is that NY had spend millions trying to implement a registration process for ammo purchasers and gave up. Any truth to that?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

Are there other advantages to CCW in CA? For instance, in NC CCW eliminates the need to obtain pistol permits. Nice to be able to go to a gun show and buy something if I like the price / what I see.

I ccw a teflonned Kel-Tec P3AT. Decent gun that carries easy on the ankle and doesn't mind being tossed in a backpack, etc.

takdadjk

I run a M&P shield 9mm with spare mag in a T-rex Arms appendix rig. Good little setup.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Weeds

Adventurer
I thought that was hilarious too. Actually, on the California paperwork, it's specifically down to the second for the 10 day waiting period on all handgun purchases. IIRC it's specifically 11:39:41! No impulse purchases here. All handgun purchases require a mandatory 10 day waiting period.

Wait until 2019 and we'll have to register for ammunition purchases like we do for handgun purchases. Anyone from NY here that can chime in on NY's failed attempt to register ammo purchasers? It's at least what I heard prior to Gov. Moonbeam Brown signing the bill is that NY had spend millions trying to implement a registration process for ammo purchasers and gave up. Any truth to that?

I do not know how you live there. I left in 1976, no job, no destination, just had to leave.

Last fall while visiting my mom, who winters in CA, I could not buy windshield washer fluid that would not freeze because I was in the wrong county. Geez, give me a break.

Washington will be the same as CA soon, got to find a new place to live.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

brentbba

Explorer
Are there other advantages to CCW in CA? For instance, in NC CCW eliminates the need to obtain pistol permits. Nice to be able to go to a gun show and buy something if I like the price / what I see.

I ccw a teflonned Kel-Tec P3AT. Decent gun that carries easy on the ankle and doesn't mind being tossed in a backpack, etc.

Only one I know about is the exemption from taking the test for the Handgun Safety Certificate.

Pursuant to Penal Code section 31700, there are exemptions from the HSC
requirement based on specific categories of persons. Some of the exempt
categories are:
• Federal Firearms License Collectors with a Certificate of Eligibility
(for Curio and Relic transactions only);
• Active, active reserve, or honorably retired military;
• Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) permit holders; and
• Persons who have completed Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST)
(Pen. Code, § 832) firearms training.

I don't know if other states grant CA CCW carriers reciprocity. CA certainly DOES NOT recognize any CCW's from other states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles