Comparison of these campers

Zillon

Just to muddy the waters a bit more here is another new option. Interesting design with the flared sides allowing for an east/west sleeping platform. I'm not sure I'd like that protruding out though. As you can see there are many options out there to choose from. This market is becoming a repeat of the off road trailer market from a few years ago. It seems to start with one domestic company then before you know it there are dozens jumping in with their own variations. But it's good to see innovation and options for sure.

Interesting, I was just musing about the FWC Project M and how it would be nice if someone made something similar that wasn't so... square.

Looks like a nice product.

Bergger

Explorer
Yeah it does look nice. Interesting with the flared sides. Next time I'm down in Denver with some time on my hands I may stop by to check them out. More out of curiosity than anything.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Also look at howerbuilt which makes an electric motor 4 corner pop up top.

Now this is cool. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they are developing a flatbed version too: https://www.howerbuilt.com/remotecamp

I'm saving upy meager sheckels for a Gladiator the second (if?) we see finance incentives from Jeep. I'll be watching this thread. Very exciting space with so many innovations happening.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Yeah it does look nice. Interesting with the flared sides.

Hopefully these guys will encourage new owners to get extendable side mirrors, if needed. Some of the pictures shown of Tacos without bigger mirrors sporting these shells look like the flared sides obscure the drivers rear views.

czukie

I don't have a camper from them but have been following their journey on IG from beginning. They interestingly started during the pandemic when a lot of companies were struggling with supply issues. Through it all they seemingly were able to keep afloat and crank out campers. For whatever reason they didn't have the same supply chain struggles as Vagabond and were able to deliver campers as promised without a 36mo wait. I think Topo is a legit business and I would trust them over VO at this point. It's difficult handing over a 50% deposit but I don't see any red flags with them since they update regularly and are turning out production units.

As someone who picked up their VO in November I would 100% recommend Topo. The build quality on VO is probably better, but the customer service, or lack thereof prevents me from recommending them….I wouldn’t want anyone else to experience what I did, even after “skipping line“ and buying someone else’s spot in line

86scotty

Cynic
^^^^ This always blows my mind. It just seems to be almost impossible for anyone to build a good product at a fair price AND support it properly. So many stories with lots of these companies, not just truck toppers, about good product/bad customer service or the opposite but almost never good/good.

Hey, maybe I could offer bad customer service AND a bad product and still sell them? I mean, obviously the market isn't saturated just yet. :rolleyes:

Bergger

Explorer
As I've mentioned before the company behind the product is just as important as the product itself. The AT Summit I purchased was certainly pricier than others but the quality and uniqueness of it and the amazing customer communication and support make it so worth it. Sent an email to them the other night, after hours, with just a general question and had a response first thing the next morning. They also answer the phone or return phone calls. I'd never put a deposit down on a product like this until I had plenty of contact with the company to get a good gauge on how the business's customer service was.

czukie

^^^^ This always blows my mind. It just seems to be almost impossible for anyone to build a good product at a fair price AND support it properly. So many stories with lots of these companies, not just truck toppers, about good product/bad customer service or the opposite but almost never good/good.

Hey, maybe I could offer bad customer service AND a bad product and still sell them? I mean, obviously the market isn't saturated just yet. :rolleyes:
Snap! Outfitters (east coast) offers absolutely amazing customer service and product…the caveat is that they are in PA. There is no doubt in my mind that if they were in the west that they would the camper. I had one of their first 25 and the build quality was every bit as good as my VO. I’m sure they’ve only gotten better as they got new (more serious) ownership and more options in the form of windows, fans, etc.

I also believed think that Topo also offers a great product with great customer service. Though I don’t own one their customer service has been on point whenever I’ve reached out and their build quality seems on par with the top tier companies. Price is competitive as well.

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
I don't doubt your experience with Snap but I reached out to them with several questions a couple years ago and never heard a word back. They were new, at least to me, then and I wasn't surprised given my own experience with lots of different small businesses.
Once again, this was a minor thing and was long ago. I'm glad to hear they are doing well.

Zillon

I don't doubt your experience with Snap but I reached out to them with several questions a couple years ago and never heard a word back. They were new, at least to me, then and I wasn't surprised given my own experience with lots of different small businesses.
Once again, this was a minor thing and was long ago. I'm glad to hear they are doing well.

They've changed management/ownership and are no longer a weekend side project - they've also raised their prices considerably. Great looking product, though.

They were on my short list until the price went from $8k to $12k+.

eg23

FB76D527-3894-4615-AC14-746D3ADCA4DF.jpeg
Don’t hesitate on a Snap Treehouse. They are a great product and awesome customer support.
I’m so happy that I travelled just over 5000km and paid the crazy currency exchange to get mine.
I would not hesitate to get another one in the future.
I’ve used mine in 30C to -20C now and have enjoyed every night in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles