Coleman camp oven?

87Warrior

GP'er
Coop - Looks like your best friend is ready for breakfast!

I have had great success with the flimsy folding Coleman oven. I use it on a basic 2 burner propane Coleman stove (centered over one burner with the wind screen folded in so the oven will sit square) and have never had a heat problem in the high altitude and cool temps of CO. Hot cobbler at 11,000' is quite a treat :) The oven does require a bit of your attention to maintain temperature and baking with the rack as high as possible helps prevent those blacked bottoms.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
This is the oven we are using! I am converting the oven to run on our pop up propane system.

2000009652.1.jpg

coop74

Old Camping Dude
This is the oven we are using! I am converting the oven to run on our pop up propane system.

2000009652.1.jpg
I like that set up too but it requires a lot of space and I have been told it is fragile so handle with care...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah, it will be living in a case. Plus, I have lots of space. My coleman electric cooler on one side, this on the other, the other things on the teraflex shelf as well. no issue for a weekend for us.

rdcolorado

Observer
Another thumbs up for the collapsible Coleman oven. Used it hunting in the 20 30 degree weather and worked great!!

Sent via tapatalk

dms1

Explorer
I have one of those ovens but never had any luck with it on any of my coleman stoves (gas or propane), then one day my wife said I should try her stove, one of those Asian supermarket butane stoves, tried that and it worked great and have been using that stove with the Coleman oven ever since. Cinnamon rolls at Anza Borrego, New Years 2016

IMG_2076.JPG

concretejungle

Adventurer
I love my oven. It packs up nice and fits in one of my rear drawers. I did find that the thermometer that came with it was not accurate, so i have another temp gauge that i use.

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I have one of those ovens but never had any luck with it on any of my coleman stoves (gas or propane), then one day my wife said I should try her stove, one of those Asian supermarket butane stoves, tried that and it worked great and have been using that stove with the Coleman oven ever since. Cinnamon rolls at Anza Borrego, New Years 2016

IMG_2076.JPG

Great idea! I'm going to try same with my Iwatani.

coop74

Old Camping Dude

IMG_2076.JPG
I wonder why one heat source would work and not the other. As I said I use my old coleman propane...
0986df60f97c5f6819659523f1feb5a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
maybe its the space around the base.. the butane stove doesnt have as big of gaps and would be warmer with less air agitation due to winds? ??

hyperboarder

Adventurer
Used mine over the weekend, hot cinnamon rolls on a cold morning kept even the cranky little campers happy. Paid for itself immediately. One thing I did notice is the "washer" behind the door latch knob seems to have gotten a bit crusty already, anything to worry about?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Seeing that oven over the butane stove makes me a bit scared, though. Make sure you don't have ANY part of the oven over the hatch that houses the fuel bottle - you have to be careful not to reflect any heat down into the bottle area (especially for long cooks) - there have been occasional explosions!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles