CoastalDefender's build thread

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Not a bad idea at all. Maybe I'll wait until the basket comes in and see if the angle isn't better for tapping the top of the basket.

I have to be very careful drilling holes in steel living 150yds off the ocean.
Yeah I live 1 hr. away from the ocean too (not a hundred yards tho).......put some grease or locktite on the threads before assembly. At least here we don't salt the roads!
:victory:
You might weld a small ring on the brush guard use a small hook??

Last edited:
Yeah I live 1 hr. away from the ocean too (not a hundred yards tho).......put some grease or locktite on the threads before assembly. At least here we don't salt the roads!
:victory:
You might weld a small ring on the brush guard use a small hook??

Here we salt the air. :costumed-smiley-007

And I think I'd rather tap it and put an eyebolt out there. At least then I could remove it later without grinding if I don't like it or what do go a different direction with the truck.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Here we salt the air. :costumed-smiley-007

And I think I'd rather tap it and put an eyebolt out there. At least then I could remove it later without grinding if I don't like it or what do go a different direction with the truck.
I had a CJ5 long before anyone ever thought of Cable deflectors and managed to crack a couple of wind shields in the Oregon forest. I think you will enjoy having them to brush off limbs especially here in the PNW where there more trees then anyone can imagine!:victory::victory:

Newest iteration. Photo taken yesterday. :)

I picked up a snork, some skinny tall toyo M/T's, and apparently a toyota. :costumed-smiley-007

DSC_2515.jpg

RTT, fog lights, and this build will be finished. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94