Clutch’s deep thoughts thread...

Clutch

<---Pass
Definitely gonna get on one of those. I think that's maybe half the problem for her?
It is kinda nice, well once you figure how to fold the damn thing back up.

Has a reflective material on the inside, so it will retain a little bit of warmth. Worth every penny on those brisk breezy days.

There are pockets on the lower portion that I toss rocks in to keep it from getting blown away, rarely have to tie it down.

Clutch

<---Pass
3M 1080 vinyl wrap. Never used it so not sure how it will go. I have seen some good results online with people using it.
Cool, thanks. Me being old school, my first thought would be to paint...I forget about vinyl wraps. Looking forward to your results.

Dropped off some wheels to knew owner about 85 miles away. Filled up and decided to pick up a draft on the way home. Even after dropping the draft, sill almost 20mpg. **

** - previous manual checks have shown this to be fairly accurate.... still no new truck. 😁
What kind of truck was the pic from? Looks to be a Super Duty? Gas? Diesel?

Dalko43

Explorer
Dropped off some wheels to knew owner about 85 miles away. Filled up and decided to pick up a draft on the way home. Even after dropping the draft, sill almost 20mpg. **

** - previous manual checks have shown this to be fairly accurate.... still no new truck. 😁
If that's a F-250, those mpg's are pretty dang good.

bkg

Explorer
If that's a F-250, those mpg's are pretty dang good.
f350... but the difference is an overload spring that I currently sitting in the loft in the barn. :)

Trust me, I normally get 15-18... picking up the draft was awesome...

Dalko43

Explorer
Trust me, I normally get 15-18... picking up the draft was awesome...
With 2.5" lift and 35's? That's still not that bad.

How do you like the 6.7L Powerstroke so far? By all the accounts, it seems to be a vast improvement over the earlier 6.0's and 6.4's.

bkg

Explorer
With 2.5" lift and 35's? That's still not that bad.

How do you like the 6.7L Powerstroke so far? By all the accounts, it seems to be a vast improvement over the earlier 6.0's and 6.4's.
With the exception of the DEF situation, I like it. I had a tech do a diagnostic on it because it loses 30-40% mileage and tons of power during a regeneration, but it checked out fine. I'd delete it if could justify it; but it's under warranty, so not touching anything else. I bought it with 7500 miles on it in 10/2016 to replace my '15 crewmax for towing. It's a night and day difference.