Cheaper 270 Degree Awnings: ARQ4WD & Overland Pros

I know this is an old thread, but anybody have any reviews on the Wraptor 2500 or 2000? They look like a value alternative to a Peragrine 270 if build quality is good?

Also interested in feedback if anyone has an OVS Nomadic 270. That one look like it has the features I'm looking for and priced reasonably.

ns7i

Also interested in feedback if anyone has an OVS Nomadic 270. That one look like it has the features I'm looking for and priced reasonably.

I’ve got one but I’ve only used it on one trip (3 nights). It seems to be well built and solid. Easy to deploy and fairly easy to pack back up. I’d recommend it.

Thanks ns7! I definitely like the convenience features, size, and coverage of the OVS Nomadic over the Wraptor - just have a hard time justifying twice the price. I'm sure that's the way I'll end up going though - thanks again for feedback-

hilgeg

After reading through the previous posts looks like we all had issues with the shipping and the initial mounting on the ARQ. Have to say now that mine is mounted I use it a lot and love it. It has been in rain, snow, wind, and everything else drunk Oregon weather can throw at it. Love with my tent how I get complete bed coverage.
So just know the money you save over the bigger brands is just payment for a bit of frustration at first. 0D602831-1848-47A0-A02B-D71E80EFA662.jpgC1AB82D4-03A7-4605-B228-38B00AD72EEC.jpg

slhazy

After reading through the previous posts looks like we all had issues with the shipping and the initial mounting on the ARQ. Have to say now that mine is mounted I use it a lot and love it. It has been in rain, snow, wind, and everything else drunk Oregon weather can throw at it. Love with my tent how I get complete bed coverage.
So just know the money you save over the bigger brands is just payment for a bit of frustration at first. View attachment 648642View attachment 648644
How does it hold up to rain + wind? I'm up in Canada and looking for a cost effective awning.

Thanks,
Sean

krick3tt

Adventurer
I am looking for a 270 deg awning that is compatible with a Front Runner full size roof rack that has legs and a sturdy zip closed cover. There are so many awnings that I am having difficulty making a decision. I realize that this is a post topic discussing inexpensive awnings but I am hoping there is someone that might have experience and a lead to what I am looking for.

hilgeg

How does it hold up to rain + wind? I'm up in Canada and looking for a cost effective awning.

Thanks,
Sean
Wind - it does great. Snow - it does great. Rain - just make sure you have a bit of a pitch to it and it does fine. I did have to seal it once with a tent sealer, but it has been great since then. Only complaint with rain is the the bag is a bit small so putting it away wet creates a challenge.

ScottReb

Adventurer
I am looking for a 270 deg awning that is compatible with a Front Runner full size roof rack that has legs and a sturdy zip closed cover. There are so many awnings that I am having difficulty making a decision. I realize that this is a post topic discussing inexpensive awnings but I am hoping there is someone that might have experience and a lead to what I am looking for.

Take a look at Overland Pros. They have two different size 270s and 180s. A couple of features set them apart. First, they use velcro to attach walls. This isn't obvious at first but the benefit is you can move a wall to "chase" the sun throughout the day. Plus velcro doesn't get jammed up like zippers. They also have velcro on the arms, which allows you to use walls for dividers to create a room. The second is its light grey color. Seems like more vendors are going with darker colors which makes it a little hotter.
We chose them as our vendor for our tents/awnings on our trailers after talking with and looking at every major vendor. We couldn't be happier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles