Camper and Truck Photos

codename607

Adventurer
Beach driving in Maryland.

46096401_207019753558443_8066568131698661559_n.jpg

We were not looking for a tiny truck-born apartment. We camp outside, and wanted the camper to provide secure & convenient storage and a dry place to dress and sleep. After looking at many campers & conferring with those manufacturers willing to make modifications, it became apparent that we would have to go with a full-custom build. We sent a long list of specifics to Robby at Coyote RV (aka: Phoenix Pop-up) and a year latter we drove to Denver to have our new camper installed on our new Ram 4X4 truck. Robby and crew did a great job and we couldn't be happier.

View attachment 487063

We do not cook inside the camper, though on rare occasions we may heat up a can of stew or boil water for coffee. Our kitchen gear is contained in two milk-crate size boxes, which keeps it dry, dust-free and portable. The boxes are easily lifted out and used with the external truck-mounted shelf, or carried to a campground picnic table, or even into a motel room. There is no built-in stove, icebox, sink or water tankage. We carry an icebox in the cab behind the front seats.

View attachment 487064

2018 Ram Tradesman 1500 4X4, Timbren SES Overloads, Les Schwab Wild Country Trail 4SX Tires, Custom-built Phoenix Pop-up Camper.

Interesting design, I like it. I agree with you, a built-out interior uses too much space, with too many frills. If I were to buy a popup, I would go with a shell model. Your side door access is another great idea. I'm building a canopy to be mounted on a flatbed truck. No cab-over, and the top will flip, like a Flipac or Wildernest. Both sides have an 8' door that opens upwards like yours. It's still in the construction phase, so no pictures yet.

Runt

Adventurer
Interesting design, I like it. I agree with you, a built-out interior uses too much space, with too many frills. If I were to buy a popup, I would go with a shell model. Your side door access is another great idea. I'm building a canopy to be mounted on a flatbed truck. No cab-over, and the top will flip, like a Flipac or Wildernest. Both sides have an 8' door that opens upwards like yours. It's still in the construction phase, so no pictures yet.

Rob & Cari & Phoenix Pop Up Camper / Coyote RV are awesome! Rob can build you almost any thing and the prices are fair.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
2018 TRD Offroad Tacoma with 1986 Four Wheel Campers Fleet. Shortened 20 inches and remodeled to make it similar to a modern Four Wheel Campers Swift. Camped at Sheeps Bridge along the Verde River about 70 miles north of Phoenix AZ in the Tonto National Forest.

45762407135_d378dd7c27_b.jpg

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
picked this older 6.5 ft flip pac up a few days ago while me and my wife safe for a sprinter 4x4 for a few years. any suggestions on repairing the screens would be great in a PM. im thinking about just buying a roll of the vendma (spch) mesh screen and hand stitching entire panels on.View attachment 487217View attachment 487218
If you find a way to replace the screens, please share. Mine will need it one day soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles