Camper and Truck Photos

Del_Williams

Looks like Mt Tolmie! Nice setup. I never heard of flippacs before I joined this site -- they look like a great trade-off between comfort and going light.

mrbrefast

I interested in the reviews for the new Cummins Titan HD. Somebody's going to be mounting a camper on one after release.

^ That is an old post, but I just now finished reading this thread. I bought my Nissan Titan XD with the Cummins in December of 2016 and I have absolutely loved it thus far. I bought it with the intention of doing a big year long trip - and I have been perusing these forums, specifically this thread,to look for inspiration.

In short: sometime in the next few years, I hope to have reviews of how the truck does with the camper I build :)

Edit: I guess I should include a pic of the truck which will one day HAVE a popup truck camper... doing offroad-esque things in the horrible blizzard of mid-February on the east coast:

20170212_163405_zpssopzqw2m.JPG

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Expedition Leader
^ That is an old post, but I just now finished reading this thread. I bought my Nissan Titan XD with the Cummins in December of 2016 and I have absolutely loved it thus far. I bought it with the intention of doing a big year long trip - and I have been perusing these forums, specifically this thread,to look for inspiration.

In short: sometime in the next few years, I hope to have reviews of how the truck does with the camper I build :)

Edit: I guess I should include a pic of the truck which will one day HAVE a popup truck camper... doing offroad-esque things in the horrible blizzard of mid-February on the east coast:

View attachment 392461
That's the engine Dodge should have used for it's Ecodiesel. Hope you continue to have great luck.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Universally it seems owners are having great luck with the Ecodiesels. Way better fuel economy than the Titans too.
Here's one a link to better performance and fuel economy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p-13766-ppei-ecm-tuning-package-14-16-ram-30l-ecodiesel.aspx
Yup...Im going with the Green Diesel Engineering one because I can drive up and they can reflash my computer with their program rather than have her down over a week (she works for her dinner) But thanks for the Heads UP!! lovin my 26-30mpg fullsize adventure mobile!

Regcabguy

Expedition Leader
Yup...Im going with the Green Diesel Engineering one because I can drive up and they can reflash my computer with their program rather than have her down over a week (she works for her dinner) But thanks for the Heads UP!! lovin my 26-30mpg fullsize adventure mobile!
Yeah,that's the one I was thinking of.
AEV's releasing an offroad package too for the 1500's. Lot's of buckeroos but it should be dialed in like all their stuff.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Yeah,that's the one I was thinking of.
AEV's releasing an offroad package too for the 1500's. Lot's of buckeroos but it should be dialed in like all their stuff.
Yeah I use mine so much for work about the only things I want off the aev are a winch bumper and that snorkel!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk