Best place to order OEM LR3 keys

sweet, I'm glad you went that route.

Yeah thanks for the advice. I'm realizing more and more that the first purchase of any LR owner should be the Gap Tool............what a difference in cost savings and troubleshooting ability. Even if someone doesn't have the mechanical expertise to fix everything, it's still peace of mind knowing what the fault(s) are before you offload it to the stealership for them to kill you on money chasing stuff.

Its already paid for itself in the first week I owned it.

unseenone

Explorer
I agree on the GAP, I tortured myself with the B B S tool for a couple of years, wow... what a difference. While their tool is a bit more limited, at works, flawlessly. They can also do one off updates on engine ECU etc. for a small fee if you need/want it... No more updates at this stage, so it's a one off. I'm up 1MPG city after doing my stuff, and getting my car unscrambled from the aforementioned tool. Their support was awesome getting things situated.

I agree on the GAP, I tortured myself with the B B S tool for a couple of years, wow... what a difference. While their tool is a bit more limited, at works, flawlessly. They can also do one off updates on engine ECU etc. for a small fee if you need/want it... No more updates at this stage, so it's a one off. I'm up 1MPG city after doing my stuff, and getting my car unscrambled from the aforementioned tool. Their support was awesome getting things situated.

I did all of the calibrations on the truck after I got it running from the accident. Transfer case, trans, computer and all. The only difference was removing the awning from the vehicle and I went from 13.8 city to 15.6. No chance the awning was reducing mileage by almost 2gpm at speeds no less than 35mph so I attribute the mileage to the calibrations in the trans and transfer case and ECU.

I think between the new pulley bearings up front and new fan clutch and the calibrations of the driveline and ECU, it made the truck run night and day better. Shifting is super smooth, idles are better and overall it just feels like it did when I bought it around 60k miles again. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior