Baselining a '07 Jeep Liberty w/ 150,000 miles

JDaPP

Adventurer
Search youtube and you will find plenty of how to videos. I think most are fairly easy projects with the transmission being the messiest but only you know your skills. I would also price out the fluids, gaskets, brake pads, etc to compare the cost.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
You got this. My wife and I inherited a 4WD 2002 Ford Escape a while back and I went through the same process. Except... I only did the Rear diff and PTU, not the transmission fluid, in an apartment parking lot using a little hand-help pump. It wasn't bad at all. Drive it though and see if any red flags are popping up. Ford and other transmission shops had told me to not replace the fluid in the transmission. I don't know why but it shifted fine and so I never bothered.

If money isn't too much of a concern, having Jeep do it wouldn't be a bad idea since they'd have all the correct fluids and would know what to look for.

rnArmy

Adventurer
As already mentioned, if you're going to flush the engine, replace the hoses. If you're feeling adventurous, replace the thermostat too while the hoses are off.

If you're going to replace one caliper, replace the one on the other side too. Calipers are usually pretty cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior