Baofeng UV5R "Builder Brackets"

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Right.. I see that. What I mean is... I notice the top is flared. If you were to lay it flat on the ground would that flare create enough room to let the belt clip be inserted and removed. Aka can I mount this flush to my dash and still be able to put radio in and out without removing the the mount every time too.... Thanks! Hope this clarifies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow you now. No, the flare at the top is very shallow, the belt clip sticks out significantly farther.

zidaro

Explorer
Right.. I see that. What I mean is... I notice the top is flared. If you were to lay it flat on the ground would that flare create enough room to let the belt clip be inserted and removed. Aka can I mount this flush to my dash and still be able to put radio in and out without removing the the mount every time too.... Thanks! Hope this clarifies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

top lip of dash using lower portion of bracket below clip. radio sitting mostly above dash horizontal line

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks again everyone! This batch is now sold out as well.

If I receive interest in 10 more I will make another run.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Even though I havn't reached 10 yet I'm going to make up more brackets. Ill PM those who showed interest when I get them in hand.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Good to hear, I didn't catch if you were willing to add a nut on the back of them but if that is the case I'll take one of those.

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Quick update. I have the brackets and just need to find the time to PM everyone and get some boxes from USPS.

To answer the question about the 1/4-20 nut; YES. I can weld a nut on the back to attach a ram ball or other adapter. Just let me know if you need one and I'll add it.

I'm hoping to find some time tomorrow to weld some nuts on and send out the notices to everyone who has patiently been waiting.

Walldog01

Hey are these still available? I'd like 2 if possible?

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior