Baja California

JESSE A

Adventurer
Thanks for the photo. I have been telling people about this type of situation for 40 years, many questioned this but you can see in the photo it happens.

The beaches with just round rocks roll around easy and getting sunk in happens fast. With slope or grade it is worse. Over the years when driving the coastline, I will take the long way around these areas.

It is good to see you had help when you needed it. It will be firmer where the sand holds the rock from moving as easy.

Your having a Baja Adventure now!
Oh yeah we are having a great time, im pretty sure it would have been fine if i were driving. But hey is great practice for the wife!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
My research shows that the South Baja border is closed right at Guerrero Negro due to Red Zone Area by the Governor. Your thoughts comments? As I am planning on Departing on the 28th of Feb for Two weeks.

JESSE A

Adventurer
My research shows that the South Baja border is closed right at Guerrero Negro due to Red Zone Area by the Governor. Your thoughts comments? As I am planning on Departing on the 28th of Feb for Two weeks.
Well we were just in Guerrero about one week ago, we didn't see anything or have any issues.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Man I love Baja. So magical and special.

I was in San Jose Del Cabo for vaca a week before xmas and felt safer down there than I have in San Diego in regards to Covid.

JESSE A

Adventurer
Man I love Baja. So magical and special.

I was in San Jose Del Cabo for vaca a week before xmas and felt safer down there than I have in San Diego in regards to Covid.
It's a great place we are currently in Todos Santos and loving it.

spikemd

Explorer
Cool trip. We are looking at going down in April but only as far south as Bay of LA. Any there restrictions for crossing back to the US? We almost got stuck in Costa Rica last week because our Covid tests were late! We missed our flight without results. They are not prepared for all the increased testing.

JESSE A

Adventurer
Cool trip. We are looking at going down in April but only as far south as Bay of LA. Any there restrictions for crossing back to the US? We almost got stuck in Costa Rica last week because our Covid tests were late! We missed our flight without results. They are not prepared for all the increased testing.
As of now, they are requiring tests for flights. Driving across should not be an issue. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks when we head back. We are in Cabo now.

Tucsontom

Adventurer
I have been doing 2 to 3 trips per year to LA Bay, Baja races and Gonzaga. 2 this fall and one in a couple weeks. But later this spring we want to get to Conception Bay area - is any paperwork - Mexican visas or otherwise required to head into Baja Sur? We usually cross in San Luis R.C. or Mexicali for our other trips and never need anything. They typically do a light inspection and send us on our way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior