badm0t0rfinger's 2014 Raptor build

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Added a minor thing:

YCLbl9Q.jpg

Was very annoyed by how many times the suction cup go pro mount fell off so I ended up getting Ram mount for the rack. I already have the system for my dash but I ended up buying all the parts for this setup, and cleaned the hose clamp and rubber sleeve up after I took the picture.

TwinDuro

Great adventures and build thread @badm0t0rfinger! Good call on the RAM mount. Through a decade of motorcycle, off-road and aircraft adventures and racing I've had yet to have one fail on me (knock on wood)... they just work.

The bed rack setup is ultra slick!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
@TwinDuro , Its funny I was actually turned onto Ram's products by a friend who is a motorcyclist. He has them all over on his bike for his gopro and GPS; I was looking at adding a GPS above the center console, similar to the Lowrance setup that a lot of the baja/prerunner crowd but it was way above my budget at the time. He suggested that I mount the tablet in there, also made the mounting of the dash gopro way easier!

Last edited:

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Great thread. I know how you feel with the DOD travel ban. Luckily I’m not stuck mid PCS, but my local command put us on a 59 mile radius, instead of 150 and I’m not working. Since I’m a recruiter it sucks because I can’t do anything.

Thank you, be safe. I know the liberty radius shrank from 350 to 100 miles I believe for my last command. I'm pretty sure a 59 mile would have been an issue for a few of the guys I worked with, one had a 2 hour commute each way and another lives in DC but just does week long "commutes" and couch surfs lol. Not sure how he's handling that now!

NoChance3434

Thank you, be safe. I know the liberty radius shrank from 350 to 100 miles I believe for my last command. I'm pretty sure a 59 mile would have been an issue for a few of the guys I worked with, one had a 2 hour commute each way and another lives in DC but just does week long "commutes" and couch surfs lol. Not sure how he's handling that now!

First off the Raptor build is getting off to a great start. These travel bans are getting harder and harder to deal with. I've got a guy that Im stationed with here in Florida that travels from Alabama and was given a lot of grief when he was crossing into the state just to come to work.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
First off the Raptor build is getting off to a great start. These travel bans are getting harder and harder to deal with. I've got a guy that Im stationed with here in Florida that travels from Alabama and was given a lot of grief when he was crossing into the state just to come to work.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I get it man, some of these holds are unreasonable. We have a guy here whose final PCS location is Jacksonville, not more than 5 hours away. As for the guys going to Guam, Korea, Japan, Italy... well it only makes sense to hold up in my opinion. I'm guessing you're over in Pensacola?

NoChance3434

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I get it man, some of these holds are unreasonable. We have a guy here whose final PCS location is Jacksonville, not more than 5 hours away. As for the guys going to Guam, Korea, Japan, Italy... well it only makes sense to hold up in my opinion. I'm guessing you're over in Pensacola?

I completely agree on holding up overseas assignments, but the locals should be allowed to move forward. Maybe just limit them to full DITY moves so moving companies arent involved. Im about an hr east of Pensacola at Duke Air base right next to the 7th SF Group. We haul alot of those guys all over the place. Should be leaving by the end of the year though, just got selected to be an officer so Ill be going back active duty once I can get an OTS class date. I will miss this area though, the deep sea fishing is unreal over here. Hope you dont get held up too much longer, extended hotel stays can get old really fast.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I completely agree on holding up overseas assignments, but the locals should be allowed to move forward. Maybe just limit them to full DITY moves so moving companies arent involved. Im about an hr east of Pensacola at Duke Air base right next to the 7th SF Group. We haul alot of those guys all over the place. Should be leaving by the end of the year though, just got selected to be an officer so Ill be going back active duty once I can get an OTS class date. I will miss this area though, the deep sea fishing is unreal over here. Hope you dont get held up too much longer, extended hotel stays can get old really fast.

prospective Mustang gang unite!

My stuff was already packed up by the movers back in February, and my covered storage ends on June 1st, so I'm trying to work with them so I don't have to pay for storage out of pocket. We did some training to be special warfare capable but it wasn't anything more than a check in the box unfortunately, still fun to train though. If you get a chance to get out to Hawaii you should absolutely get some fishing in, whether its deep sea or spear fishing. I'm trying to enjoy myself, but yeah this stuff is getting old.

NoChance3434

prospective Mustang gang unite!

My stuff was already packed up by the movers back in February, and my covered storage ends on June 1st, so I'm trying to work with them so I don't have to pay for storage out of pocket. We did some training to be special warfare capable but it wasn't anything more than a check in the box unfortunately, still fun to train though. If you get a chance to get out to Hawaii you should absolutely get some fishing in, whether its deep sea or spear fishing. I'm trying to enjoy myself, but yeah this stuff is getting old.

Im gonna try and get stationed [before its time to retire, really have heard how much people love it. I wouldnt mind getting stationed back in Colorado too, one of my favorite spots for sure!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Im gonna try and get stationed [before its time to retire, really have heard how much people love it. I wouldnt mind getting stationed back in Colorado too, one of my favorite spots for sure!

I'm trying to stay in California from here on out, and my options are pretty limited. Plus I'm more about staying on the same platform than same location right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles