Awning/RTT/Roof Rack...???

apruitt9

Adventurer
I picked up a awning at Expo East and I am in the process of getting a RTT. I currently have the factory rack, looking to replace crossbars and want to know how you guys have everything mounted up? I need pics, ideas, info, anything that will help me out. Currently the awning mounts to my factory bars with a L bracket setup but it seems to be mounted a little too close to the roof. Other than that, I am all ears!! Thanks!

Box Rocket

Are you looking at a new rack or do you plan to keep using the factory rack? If you're replacing your rack, I'd suggest a Prinsu rack (I LOVE mine) but they haven't released a rack for the 100 Series yet. Gamiviti is another good rack option that works well with the tents. The Eezi-Awn K9 racks are another good solution. The L brackets you're currently using for the awning should still work just fine with any of those options.
If you're planning to keep the factory rack (side rails), then I'd just add a pair of quality load bars and mount your L brackets to those.

nnnnnate

Adventurer
Like Adam said I hoped to get a Prinsu rack but they don't have one for the 100. I really liked the look and customization offered by Gamiviti so I went with that in the end. I got it in July and run a Tepui (bought from Adam) on it and am very happy with all of it.

Here are a couple pics.

eZ7EqILl.jpg

n9E7lkhl.jpg

What I like about it are the "expo" bars or the bars that drop down and act as a handle when wrangling stuff on the rack. You can mount it the way I have so its flat on top or flip it the other way so there is a cage more or less. For my RTT I wanted the flat top.

There are lots of pictures and threads in the 100 section on mud if you want to see more about this rack. Just search for "gamiviti."

lugueto

Adventurer
In my case: Flat top roof rack which measures 1.80m, a RTT that measures in at 1.40m closed and an awning that measures 2.0m. This leave me with 40cm of usable space in front of the tent for fuel cans or pelican cases.

Let me see if I can find a pic.

apruitt9

Adventurer
Are you looking at a new rack or do you plan to keep using the factory rack? If you're replacing your rack, I'd suggest a Prinsu rack (I LOVE mine) but they haven't released a rack for the 100 Series yet. Gamiviti is another good rack option that works well with the tents. The Eezi-Awn K9 racks are another good solution. The L brackets you're currently using for the awning should still work just fine with any of those options.
If you're planning to keep the factory rack (side rails), then I'd just add a pair of quality load bars and mount your L brackets to those.

Thanks Adam, would like to keep the factory but, really like the Gamiviti.

apruitt9

Adventurer
Like Adam said I hoped to get a Prinsu rack but they don't have one for the 100. I really liked the look and customization offered by Gamiviti so I went with that in the end. I got it in July and run a Tepui (bought from Adam) on it and am very happy with all of it.

Here are a couple pics.

eZ7EqILl.jpg

n9E7lkhl.jpg

What I like about it are the "expo" bars or the bars that drop down and act as a handle when wrangling stuff on the rack. You can mount it the way I have so its flat on top or flip it the other way so there is a cage more or less. For my RTT I wanted the flat top.

There are lots of pictures and threads in the 100 section on mud if you want to see more about this rack. Just search for "gamiviti."

Nice Nate!

shibubba

Does anyone know if prinsu is going to do 100 series racks? When I emailed them, the answer was vague. Asking if they plan on producing racks for the 100 series I got the answer of " sorry, we don't make a rack the the 100 series "

I love the design and the price point is within my budget. I know a lot of people on mud were also asking if they're ever going to get into the 100 series game.

Let's hope

shibubba

I wonder how many he would need to make it feasible for him? I wonder if I got a list of people together if it would spark some interest

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
i wouldn't buy a rack until you knew which rtt you're going with. i have an old medium maggiolina and it won't fit most racks, i'm looking at having one custom built to fit my rtt, then with receiver brackets for my awning. they don't have a large enough footprint. plus, if you want rails, you will have to make sure your rtt will fit inside of the rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior