e81dc066f1f7bad9c328f2e1afb15836.jpg

ea2d6a1d9d846cf306b1f41054769084.jpg

38befe9c5baa30e98eb4e952681ed95c.jpg

f7df9435bc286d4551c443bc1cf485f5.jpg

4d72ec286743fe510332cc381ea41a8e.jpg

nice job.

mr45

Observer
Been having an idea on a water pump housing located behind a propane tank for future hot water use which I'm actually working on now. I initially was going to mount 2 pelican 1550 cases to exterior of the trailer but opted using less space and just make a housing and use a pelican case to store the Ecco instant hot water. I used abs plastic and formed by hand with heat. Pretty difficult process without a mold. I used air hose connections for quick release.

244ede26aeb376e35bba8de592ba4395.jpg
9dbf94f4bcf1aac8d0c7027d5f0d7f8a.jpg
41a1a3a2123655d1b8b15dce3fd8afcd.jpg
ce0543ab246d26e627442916384c9430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added a volt meter and a switch for my accessory outlets, now outputs are secured. Replaced the 12v outlets as well, the caps were dry rotted, switched one out to USB.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 40

gnartumyeto

Observer
Yeah pretty level, caught a stump with the trailer that I didn't see. The new get before I had filled the drivers side airbag up to level the tent a bit and forgot to even it out. Crappy part is the trailer wasn't on my declaration page of my insurance and they won't cover it..............I hate insurance

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Looks like you needed a hoop lock over the hitch, only allows the trailer to tilt so far, used one in the 60s, two hoops like a chain link both on a bar, one bar attaches to the vehicle hitch, the other to the trailer tongue. :)

James Pierce

Adventurer
Yeah pretty level, caught a stump with the trailer that I didn't see. The new get before I had filled the drivers side airbag up to level the tent a bit and forgot to even it out. Crappy part is the trailer wasn't on my declaration page of my insurance and they won't cover it..............I hate insurance

Yeah, I had the same issue. My insurance requires a separate policy that I discovered after the fact.

tenebs

AT Horizon Dimensions

I'm interested in a expedition trailer and so far I like the AT Horizon the best. Can someone post the interior dimensions of the main and side storage areas and opening sizes. I want to see if what I'm looking to pack or mod will fit.

Thanks

rlynch356

Defyota
Has anyone added reverse lights?

or a better question is.... is the wiring there for them? - i pulled the right rear light and don't see a purple wire (normally reverse)..

Maybe a better questions still is has anyone fished wire through the frame yet?

looks like it might be interesting..

Anyway i am going to add a set of reverse lights (Baja S2's) since i always seem to need to arrive after dark in the winter.

rlynch356

Defyota
I'll try another one...
Has anyone thought about or moved the water tank either in the load bed or under the trailer?

the reason i am asking is that the water setup up i have (Normal tank location, lines to the pump in the front box) freezes the water lines and also takes up a good bit of room. I was thinking of either moving the tank inside the main box or under the main box in front of the axle. In place of the tank and the gas cans i was going to get a storage box built and move all of the trailer gear in there (i.e. water heater, battery, tent heater, and main electrics) this frees up the front box for quick access camping gear and places the weight of all of it more towards the center of the trailer.

Moving the tank inside the box would shorten the lines and better insulate them, but moving it under would put the weight lower and keep the box volume the same which is also important but not insulate it (maybe i could add a skid plate and insulate all of it that way as well...) this would stick down about ~6" below the current frame rails which really won't matter since i don't crawl into camp sites with it and everything site i use normally only requires some "light" off roading to get to (moderate trail in other words)

I'm thinking out loud here but it seems a great way to permanently mount some of the.

my other option was to leave the tank where it is and built a custom box to replace the jerry can holders for camp gear and move as much of the camp equipment into the tongue box. (Battery, main electrics, pump,and hot water heater) and just insulate the lines which is the main issue along with the tank freezing.

open to ideas

thanks

James Pierce

Adventurer
Mine has a reverse light that is also able to be powered on with the toggle switches at the front of the trailer. I assume your's does not have that? I can add images if you like.

As for the water tank... Yes, I've actually designed a kitchen that will go in it's location and slide out to the passengers side. I also like the idea of moving the weight lower or as you said inside where it will be easier to keep from freezing.

rlynch356

Defyota
Yeah, no reverse lights, but i do have the wire at the trailer "block" so pretty simple other than running the cable inside the frame.
I am going with a pair of Baja designs S2 sports for the trailer mounted under the side boxes.

I'm going to play around with the tank config in the coming weeks and am talking to my fabricator for possible box designs.. Freezing is a problem but i'm wondering if i will really camp more than 2-3 times/year in those conditions.. for Jan in the NC Mountains i'm going to try insulating the lines and see what happens.. may have to put a buddy heater on it as well to get things moving (temps will be in the 20's hopefully)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles