Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Shigeta

W6EXP
Death Valley, CA

i-BGmFFph-4K.jpg

GreggNY

I think my last trip fits in here. A ton of photos from Montana and Wyoming are in the link below:

NOPEC

This is a dream for me. Thanks for posting it!

I just read "Kayaks to the Arctic" by EB Nickerson. Did you make it to Tuk? Any write-up of the trip posted anywhere?

Tripleader
Yes, we made it from Hay River to Tuktoyaktuk in 44 days, 1950 kms/1200ish miles. We landed on the pebble beach at the village campsite which I am sure many on Eportal will recognize it if they have been to Tuk. Hardest parts were the logistics, the river itself only has a couple sets of straightforward class two rapids and the flat water on Great Slave Lake and the Arctic Ocean is pretty straight forward if it is calm. We had a couple of down days due to wind and got hammered by cross waves on the last day on the ocean. Here is a pic of our very cold finish. The pingos on the horizon are worth the trip to Tuk alone.
ABLEGUY mentioned that he had also read the Nickerson book, sounds like a good one. He also gave me some coaching on posting a trip blurb but much of this posting stuff doesn't seem to stick to me too long...... I will keep trying....... cheers

EndofTrip.jpgEndofTrip.jpgEndofTrip.jpg

NOPEC

Northern Idaho, NE Washington (I think) and pockets throughout BC are the home to Interior Temperate Rainforests. These pockets of old growth trees are quite rare and consist primarily of Western Red Cedar, Western Hemlock and Douglas Fir as well as, a plethora of neat undergrowth vegetation, not the least of which is Devil's Club. Because the canopy is so high and the trees so large, sunlight is usually challenged to get thru the mass. When it does, the results can be very interesting due to highlights, shadows and the irregular lighting of mosses, lichen and the trees themselves. As I look through my window, our landscape is currently one large flat smoke haze, nothing like the attached shots.....
20210426_151107.jpg
20210426_152817.jpg
20210426_155325.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles