Arizona Strip and Grand Canyon

alia176

Explorer
We popped into the ranch and there's no fuel, not that we needed it but I was merely curious. $20/day to use the facilities the young man said. We went our merry way to Whitmore Trail for a nice hike.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

boyfester

Observer
Bringing up this old thread to confirm something. Loved the videos and descriptions, thank you Larrie @Luinil Explorations for the effort. You mentioned getting fuel at Bar 10 ranch back in 2019, when this thread was created. I went on their website and saw this **Fuel is not available to the public. It is a service available to guests only. I'm assuming this policy got changed in 2019 but wanted to check. We'll stop in and see what's up with this ranch as we'll be driving right by.

The definition of "guest" is someone that pays for a meal. I went in May 2023 and we each paid for dinner and then we were able purchase fuel. We also got hot showers and all the water we wanted for free. The fuel was super unleaded and was at a discounted rate of $7.50 / gal. In my mind, that was a steal for 91 Octane in the middle of nowhere. The "all you can eat" dinner was phenomenal with beef from their own cattle.

Thanks for updating the thread. When we were there, in 2019, they were not serving food. We did get showers, water and a few things at the gift shop.

boyfester

Observer
I should note the purchase of the meal was the minimum requirement to be a guest when I called the resort in our trip planning stage. An overnight patron is also a guest, but we chose to camp instead of stay at the resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superduty

Adventurer
I should note the purchase of the meal was the minimum requirement to be a guest when I called the resort in our trip planning stage. An overnight patron is also a guest, but we chose to camp instead of stay at the resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, is Bar 10 busy? It is in a fairly remote location. obviously they can keep a restaurant going.

The Bar 10 is a big operation. There is of course the ranching side of it As well as river rafting, overnight stays and tours. When we were there the rafters were just being picked up at the end of their trip by helicopter and ferried to ranch for showers and dinner before being flown out to Las Vegas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles