Any Fjällräven fans on here?

justbecause

perpetually lost
I really want a pair of vida pro pants

I just cant bring myself to spend that much $$ on something without trying it on first.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高

I just cant bring myself to spend that much $$ on something without trying it on first.

Find you a reputable dealer with a decent return policy. I love them and also got some Kebs. Their shirts don't really do it for me but pants and jackets are top notch. I still feel a great alternative is the PFG series by Columbia.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer

What kind of fit are you looking for? The Vidda Pro is probably the slimmest fit, but definitely not what I would consider a 'slim fit'.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
What kind of fit are you looking for? The Vidda Pro is probably the slimmest fit, but definitely not what I would consider a 'slim fit'.

I would consider it slim through the waist down to above the knees. I have the kebs, Ovik and Vidda pro trousers all in the same size and the Vidda pro fit the tighest/slimmest. They are also the newest, and the keys have a lot of stretch material. They fit the waist pretty true to size in my opinion.

justbecause

perpetually lost
I have bird legs and no ***... so tight jeans arent an issue for me. I recently found a pair of carharts that fit really well. I like khuls, but the pairs I have had are pretty baggy on me. Not as bad as my 5-11s but I think those pants are made to be worn over some type of padding/Armour tacti-cool gear I dont own.

Tiktaalik

Supporting Sponsor
Fjällräven Lined Shirt No. 1 for sale

I have a Fjällräven Lined Shirt No. 1 for sale. Its listed here on the forum.

Small Dog

I have a lot of their stuff. The hiking shorts are reallly amazing (G100 and streach fabric, pockets on the top of the legs, not where you sit), also have the rain jacket, fleece, hoody, 2 shirts, 2 packs, and many other sundry items. They are one of the only outdoor clothing companies to produce products in an environmentally friendly way (dirtly little seceret in the outdoor clothing world). I agree with others that they are best for people without a gut.

Also, I think they have very classic lines, minimal advertizing logo footprint, and really nice approach.

I have the Keb Trousers, a jacket, a vest, and the no.6 duffel from Fjallraven. Excellent stuff imho.

My tip is to look at the usual sites like Campsaver, Moosejaw, Sierra Trading Post, Steep and Cheap, 6pm, Backcountry, and Eastern Mountain Sports is always having online sales and they still sell Fjallraven gear.

Also! Their NYC flagship store has an in house tailor that deals with clients all over the globe. Alterations, modifications, as well as embroidery iirc.

If you don't mind used gear, always keep a lookout on sites like eBay and geartrade which is hosted by Backcountry. I just grabbed a vintage Reporter Lite Vest for $25 from eBay, not bad for a vest that's selling for $125+

Never paid full, but after owning their stuff I wouldn't hesitate paying full if it was what I was after at the time.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Also! Their NYC flagship store has an in house tailor that deals with clients all over the globe. Alterations, modifications, as well as embroidery iirc.

That's interesting. I always just thought they would do simple things like hem pants. I didn't know they would get that involved with tailoring.

JoeTRD

I've tried them on in outdoor clothing stores.
Love them...but can't afford them :(
well I could, but I think the wife would kill me for spending upwards of $300 on a pair of pants for camping lol

kbahus

Adventurer
Recently I purchased a pair of the Fjällräven Karl pants as I was hoping to find a new pair of go-to pants for the remainder of the winter and spring. The G1000 fabric feels fantastic and I am sure it will hold up well despite being thinner than I expected. The waist /crotch and thigh area fit great compared to other popular brands that all have gone the way of the hipster skinny legs that I can't stand. I ordered a pair of 52 Regulars and was aware they would come in "raw length" and require hemming. The problem is they are about 8-10" too long. I really don't know who they designed these things for but I am a pretty standard 34 waist, 32 length individual and the knee gussets are well below my knee, like mid-tibia. The fit is completely hosed because of this, hemming will not fix the knee gusset placement. I can't imagine what the optional Long size would be like, the knee gussets would be at my feet. I can't recommend these pants to anyone unless they are a basketball player. Pretty bummed as I was optimistic that I found pants worth buying, but the search goes on.

DzlToy

Explorer
I discovered Fjallraven clothing at an Expo event about 8 or 9 years ago. I was disappointed with the quality, price and manufacturing location then and still am to this day. The fact there is a store in Boston and NYC tells you everything you need to know about the lack of waterproofing and Chinese manufacturing location for a $300 - $500 jacket or a pair of trousers.

I have searched high and low for similar products from Scandinavian companies that are actually made in Scandinavian countries and are not fashion statements for the Insta-face overlanding to Starbucks crowd, and there aren't many.

Lundhags, Woolpower and Rojk are all Swedish companies with many/most products made there.

Airbase and Rukka both have products made in Finland.

Before anyone goes down the, "If those were made in the USA, they would cost a fortune" path, here are two companies making excellent products in the states, some at lower price points than Chinese Norrona and Fjallraven garb.

https://tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/men/pants-shorts/

https://www.allseasonsuniforms.com/...fire-fighting-brush-gear-pant-advance-ripstop

It ALWAYS pays to buy a top quality product. Not what is popular, trendy, expensive or well-marketed. You will have a top-notch product for many years, thus making the total cost of ownership very low compared to an inferior quality product tossed in the rubbish bin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94