Andy's 100 Series Build

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Looks like you had a blast! NZ is definitely on our short list of places to visit and doing it with an RV too. We are also in a similar boat as you with 3 kids under the age of 4. Good to see another family getting out there!!

Awkragt

Adventurer
Continuing to Battle the 55+ vibration. Replaced the front differential, all the front differential mounts, replaced the transmission mount. Still running without a front prop shaft until I can get everything to smooth out. I'm starting to think it's just the transmission or something. Anyway, we never rarely get over 55 on the island. at 266K miles. Ordering parts now for the 270K timing belt etc....

Awkragt

Adventurer
Also if you didn't catch the post on the Adventures forum, went to Moab in September with the guys. Had a great time really decompressing from work and being a passenger for a while. I was throughly surprised how relaxing a trip can be from a passenger seat.

White Rim:

Elephant Hill:

Fins N Things:

Awkragt

Adventurer
Lots of ideas. I’m not totally decided so I’ll just leave my opinions in no particular order.

It was nice being able to leave it setup and still go places with the vehicle.

Having hard sides for putting a baby to bed early worked really well.

Nice to have a heavy RTT not on the primary vehicle.

CVT Annex setup totally sucked. Threading that bead through the channel was really hard. I’ve heard the bigger tents with ladders use a zipper that works much better.

That said, the annex after installation was a great place to hunker down for dinner at Bryce when it was 20 degrees out.

Kids 3, 5, 7 absolutely love the roof top tent. Even the 3 year would sneak back up there anytime we were hanging out in camp. We’d find the shoes at the bottom of the ladder.

Simple rules like shoes off at the bottom of the ladder kept the RTT clean too.

RTTs have really beefy fabric so wind and below freezing temps were really manageable.

I really don’t like the night time pee options from a RTT.

Teardrop was super basic. More features like water and fridge would be nice to have. Even sink and hot water would be on one if I ever built one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
When you remove the factory rack and go back with Prinsu, do you have holes to plug or do they get re-used? Headliner come down or everything done from up top? Prinsu is the rack I’m considering.

Thanks

Awkragt

Adventurer
When you remove the factory rack and go back with Prinsu, do you have holes to plug or do they get re-used? Headliner come down or everything done from up top? Prinsu is the rack I’m considering.

Thanks

The rack uses all the same holes as the factory rack. (12 holes) Everything is done from outside. Remove 12 factory bolts, install 12 prinsu bolts. The hardest part was I found two original rack bolts completely rusted. These are a big Torq-30 and it's completely gone on one of them.18.jpg17.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94