Alu-Cab Has Landed In The USA!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Rin, I just wanted clarification on the response as I may be interpreting it incorrectly. The tent comes with everything mentioned above however, it does NOT include the cold weather kit, ok. From what I'm reading on your site, the load bars on top of the tent itself is NOT included. The load bars are an additional option as with cold weather kit, is that right? What is the ladder made of and do you have any photos of it setup, I couldn't locate any on the alu-cab site. The ladder is stored inside the tent during transport or in your rig?

Does anyone else have first hand experience they'd like to share so far with regards to using the expedition III tent? Any complaints or criticisms?

Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion, the only two accessories are the cold weather kit and roof load bars. I forgot the about the load bars when speaking of all the little interior accessories earlier.

The ladder is aluminum and is stored in a transit bag either in the tent or your vehicle. I do not have any photos personally, but plan to soon as we now have a demo tent again. Our last was sold and it left us without a demo to take photos with.

-Rin

rino

I apologize if I have misunderstood some of the things I've read in this thread, but as I understand it, not all Alu-Cab products will be imported for sale in the US, correct?

Any chance that sometime in the future it would be possible to have a canopy for a long bed Navara/Frontier brought over? It's not an immediate need but it is on the horizon for my truck and I'm starting to research alternatives to the traditional (in the US) fiberglass topper.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

You are correct, it just is not possible to import all of the Alu-Cab offerings into the states at this time. We can however special order anything you are interested in, we would just like to confirm fitment. :)

When the time is right let me know and I will work up some prices for you.

-Rin

toytruck

Will definitely post here with some pics and feedback. Got to see it at Expo West this year and way very impressed.

Can you take detailed pics of the mounting system underneath the tent and the brackets it comes with before your install?

rino

Shipments are out so you guys should be having Christmas in September soon. :)

Here is some images of the mounting for the Expedition III. It is a tad different then conventional RTT mounting, but much very stout.

tentmounting2_zps95dz9rav.png

tentmounting_zps12wfxvby.png

SamM

Adventurer
Rin,
My Tepui RTT is going down the road. Will the Alu-Cab Expedition 3 fit on my 2-door JK? Does it come in black? I'm going to buy the Front Runner SlimLine II rack and sell the Gobi Stealth rack. Not sure if I like the rear mounts on the Slimline. Is there a possibility that the Rhino Rack rear mounts would work on it? Sorry for all the questions!

I saw you guys at this years MAOF but never got a chance to stop by. You have a great looking Jeep.

Thanks!

SamM

IMG_1627.jpg

Mr. Snappy

Adventurer
Install @OK4WD
245df2f157405e61dc451b624abc2ece.jpg

Stowed
1d8615ca75ea933374e9e3cd1e7f351f.jpg

Camp Deployed in NH
7b3d55819bbebf574efdd94cbdf9032d.jpg

A pair at Clear Lake.
86cd143aff62028acb4ed2e04d51718d.jpg

Now, wait a minute... I think I parked just past the cruiser in the last picture there at Clear lake, cause there were two LC's with these cool awnings that didn't have any supports out to hold them up. I walked around till I spotted the alucab name, then came home and started researching. Just got mine today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz