Adventure Tool Company's (ATC) 4wd Provan Tiger adventures

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Formula Ford 1600s. Specifically, 1990's Euroswifts. We typically run in a series that takes all eras of 1600 FFs and levels the playing field by putting everyone on the same (crappy) street tire. VERY competitive class.

Thanks! Learned some today, I'd never heard or seen such machines. Would love to seen the race.

jgaz

Adventurer
Formula Ford 1600s. Specifically, 1990's Euroswifts. We typically run in a series that takes all eras of 1600 FFs and levels the playing field by putting everyone on the same (crappy) street tire. VERY competitive class.
I love the street tire concept.
I wrenched on a Mondial (SP?) in the early to mid 1990’s.

It was really hard to compete with $, old story I know. No matter how well set up your car was if someone bought new tires before the main it was game over.
I loved working on the cars. Real experience. Our best finish in a major race was 8th at Road Atlanta in a national race.
Good times, great memories. Sorry for the derail.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Drum roll........prepping the Tiger and gear for OE West and just did the fluid checks and oil/filter change and noted that the old Tiger is at 195k! By the end of this summer it'll be at 200k! This thing is still running like a top! See you all at OE!
CB8D2BB3-C04D-4AD3-9A18-5A6D2A979F0C.jpegE9891DC4-8163-40AE-9128-50E4C620AC74.jpeg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Added a new addition to the Adventure Tool Company event motorcade. Whenever we attend events or travel, I've often wanted a small motorbike or e-bike for exploring, supply runs, river running or just general goofing off (for work of course).We've done the moving the Tiger, bikes and just good old hiking it so I was ready for something else. I researched and tested e-bikes, small cc motorcycles, honda's monkey bike, mopeds, etc.....which each had their pros and cons. One of my biggest issues is size/weight. Since it needed to be able to fit in our trailer or carried on the back of the Tiger I didn't want anything too heavy, bulky or complicated to mount. The other criteria was it needed to carry two, easy for my wife to drive, low profile and just fun........therefore, I found a Yamaha Zuma Scooter! This thing has incredible "smiles per mile" or 150 miles per tank. It brings back memories of scooter racing (and crashing) on the beach's of the Bahamas and it fits nicely in the side door of our event trailer. Plus, living in a college town there is/was a ton of used scooters for sale at really reasonable prices. This one is a 2009 with 300 miles and was kept in a garage for when the owner visited their summer home, so it got whopping 23 miles per year use for the past 13 years by the original owner, plus a yearly tune/service/fluid change by Boulder Scooter shop. Cheers!032C673F-A1D0-4799-B4A2-A74C9F360E5A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles