ACELA 6X6 WITH SLRV EXPEDITION BOX NEW BUILD

poohbearusvi

Looks great! Which model washer/dryer is that? Was going to use a Splendide unit but maybe you found something better?
We went with just the washer as the combo washer/dryers take much too long. The washer is a Miele and has a short cycle and the highest spin rate in the industry. This should remove most moisture and allow us to hang dry the clothes in a shorter time. I’ve also had a heated vent installed in the shower so we could always hang a few items there and the dry heat will make it dry faster.

EuroJoe

Adventurer
For us, overall length was very important so it was either the Acela or the K370. If length didn’t matter, I would have looked at International. In the end the Acela 6x6 ticked all the right boxes: ability to take it anywhere in the world, literary tons and tons of carrying capacity and a powerful engine. What we gave up is quiet. The Acela is louder than a K370. We asked Acela to add as much extra sound insulation as possible. They did a sound check on mine and it came out at 63dB. Unfortunately, I can’t comment on the ride quality difference. Hopefully someone on this thread will jump in and tell us how the K370 and the Acela 6x6 rides with a box on. As for your inclination towards Bliss Mobil, I’m very familiar with the company. We visited the factory. They even let us sleep in their 20’ unit. Marleen and her husband Eduard are wonderful people. The biggest drawback for us was that they don’t do customization inside. There are so many choices! And every one of them is a compromise. Our previous method of overlanding was an AEV Jeep Rubicon with an Ursa Minor rooftop A frame tent and ARB fridge. It took us anywhere we wanted to go. This will be a big change. Here's a pix of it on White Rim Trail.

View attachment 599201
Do you think the acela would manage the white rim trail? looking at bigger rigs than the 4x4 revel is all. thanks

poohbearusvi

Do you think the acela would manage the white rim trail? looking at bigger rigs than the 4x4 revel is all. thanks
There is no way my Acela rig could get through White Rim. I was saying that I did the White Rim trail in my Jeep and posted a photo of it. Sorry if you got confused.

EuroJoe

Adventurer
There is no way my Acela rig could get through White Rim. I was saying that I did the White Rim trail in my Jeep and posted a photo of it. Sorry if you got confused.

Thanks for the response, white rim trail was on my list for 2020 (by MTB, but hey covid) and I was just curious if the bigger rigs would manage that trail? :)

Joe917

Explorer
Friends of ours got round White rim in their Mercedes 1017, but that was with a camper that collapsed down to cab height and there were still significant issues with height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94