2nd Gen INFINITI QX56/QX80 Build

Boosted4runner

Yeah, the bolts the PRG kit comes with are too short though, you will need to source some yourself which are about 1" (in metric) longer.
I called Greg, he said no-go on the subframe drop for the 2020 Armada. He recommended the Moog 81085's, but not sure that would give me the lift I need in the rear. I might order the Moog's, but I have a feeling the rear still will be too harsh. He also said that the spacers I installed should have worked, but they didn't to my liking. The rear was 100% not even close to factory. From what he explained, I shouldn't have to adjust the ride height leveler, but I was forced to because I didn't get any lift with just the spacers.

leeleatherwood

I called Greg, he said no-go on the subframe drop for the 2020 Armada. He recommended the Moog 81085's, but not sure that would give me the lift I need in the rear. I might order the Moog's, but I have a feeling the rear still will be too harsh. He also said that the spacers I installed should have worked, but they didn't to my liking. The rear was 100% not even close to factory. From what he explained, I shouldn't have to adjust the ride height leveler, but I was forced to because I didn't get any lift with just the spacers.

The subframe drop would work fine, the 2020 is no different than anything else. With that being said the 81085's are awesome and its what I would do.

Boosted4runner

The subframe drop would work fine, the 2020 is no different than anything else. With that being said the 81085's are awesome and its what I would do.

He mentioned something along the lines of the way the rear shocks are mounted.
I really don’t want to lose the plush ride in the rear, and I’m scared if I order the Moogs I’ll be in the same boat as I just was with the rear spacers. From what Greg said, without adjusting the air-leveler and adding coils or spacers, the ride height will increase and ride comfort will be close to the same. After slapping the rear spacers in, I didn’t get a lift. It was almost like the factory shocks now just have even more pressure in them from compressing the coils (working against each other). I’m guessing the leveling system keeps the rear shocks at a certain length/height based off of the leveling sensor? If so, aren’t the shocks/system trying to maintain the same height by inflating the air bags around the shock, while at the same time now even more compressed springs are trying to lift the rear of the vehicle? That’s what I gather, from how harsh the ride is.

Y62UpNorth

He mentioned something along the lines of the way the rear shocks are mounted.
I really don’t want to lose the plush ride in the rear, and I’m scared if I order the Moogs I’ll be in the same boat as I just was with the rear spacers. From what Greg said, without adjusting the air-leveler and adding coils or spacers, the ride height will increase and ride comfort will be close to the same. After slapping the rear spacers in, I didn’t get a lift. It was almost like the factory shocks now just have even more pressure in them from compressing the coils (working against each other). I’m guessing the leveling system keeps the rear shocks at a certain length/height based off of the leveling sensor? If so, aren’t the shocks/system trying to maintain the same height by inflating the air bags around the shock, while at the same time now even more compressed springs are trying to lift the rear of the vehicle? That’s what I gather, from how harsh the ride is.
If you’re so keen on comfort in the rear I really suggest an air bag delete... an affordable and quality option is Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro shocks, then for coil run the 81085 and if you’re not happy with the lift then add your spacer. From my experience with that setup the ride quality is a actually a bit more superior then the bouncy factory bags... that’s just my opinion, plus it’s a more reliable setup. Like I said previously the compressor for those air shocks suck and depending on the conditions where you live, they’ll give out on you pretty quickly. I’ve got a 2018 and I had to replace them after 1 year and a bit of ownership.

leeleatherwood

If you’re so keen on comfort in the rear I really suggest an air bag delete... an affordable and quality option is Ironman 4x4 Foam Cell Pro shocks, then for coil run the 81085 and if you’re not happy with the lift then add your spacer. From my experience with that setup the ride quality is a actually a bit more superior then the bouncy factory bags... that’s just my opinion, plus it’s a more reliable setup. Like I said previously the compressor for those air shocks suck and depending on the conditions where you live, they’ll give out on you pretty quickly. I’ve got a 2018 and I had to replace them after 1 year and a bit of ownership.

I agree 100% with this. I think the factory ride in the rear just plain sucks. Yeah it's soft, but it's too soft.

The moogs are stiffer, but not overly stiff. They will be much better than your over inflated air shocks.

Ghit

Maybe y’all can help me out. I have a 2011 qx56. I bought the moog springs but having a hard time finding shocks to go with it.

leeleatherwood

Maybe y’all can help me out. I have a 2011 qx56. I bought the moog springs but having a hard time finding shocks to go with it.

Ironman has shocks, King, Fox, Radflo too. Bilstein doesn't list shocks specifically for the rear but they have some universal ones which would work. All you gotta do is measure what compressed length you need and the right ends.

Ghit

Ironman has shocks, King, Fox, Radflo too. Bilstein doesn't list shocks specifically for the rear but they have some universal ones which would work. All you gotta do is measure what compressed length you need and the right ends.
Will the Ironman foam shocks work? I’m looking for a set for around $500 and maybe 1 to 2in lift. I contacted Ironman but they couldn’t confirm that they would fit a 2011

Y62UpNorth

Will the Ironman foam shocks work? I’m looking for a set for around $500 and maybe 1 to 2in lift. I contacted Ironman but they couldn’t confirm that they would fit a 2011
As long as it isn’t a first gen it’ll fit, and if you’re looking for lift go with some Moog 81085s... be ready though if it doesn’t lift the car and just levels it... a couple of us received springs that didn’t lift the vehicle but instead just levels it, however LeeLeatherwood has gotten some lift with his and so have a bunch of others! Either way it’s a good spring lifted or not, super comfy in my opinion compared to the factory bags!

Ghit

Yea I already installed moog 81085s. Are they still selling gen 1? How do I know if they are gen1 or 3?

Ghit

I’m just trying to get it back on the road with deleting my airbag setup. But I would a nice setup with or without a lift

SRN

Adventurer
Yea I already installed moog 81085s. Are they still selling gen 1? How do I know if they are gen1 or 3?
First Generation Armada's (A60's) are MY 2004-2015. Second Generation Armada's (Y62's) are MY 2017-Present.
First Generation QX56's (JA60's) are MY 2004-early 2010. Second Generation QX56/80 (Y62's) are MY 2010-Present.

Y62UpNorth

I’m just trying to get it back on the road with deleting my airbag setup. But I would a nice setup with or without a lift
Just go with the Ironman’s they’ll do you just fine! Don’t be surprised though when you receive them and see that they don’t extend to full travel, they don’t use gas they use an oil soaked foam system to dampen the suspension instead of traditional gas shocks.

Ordell

I'm currently running:
Rear: moog 81085s, 1.5" spacer, Ironman Pro Foam shocks

Front: ICON Extended Travel Coil Over for 2004-2014 Nissan Titan & Armada, SPC Upper Control Arms for Nissan Titan 2004-2020 (non XD), Extended sway bar links from PRG

Everything fits perfectly without any modification. The ride is absolutely better than stock IMO and have zero regrets with this setup.

The spacers in the rear did lift more than the front so I do have a rake. Also it caused my camber to be off by about 1.7°. I received my offset toe bushing from AUS and am going to install those to see if it fixes my camber issue and allows me to keep the awesome stance in the back. I'll report back here if it works!

Last edited:

Boosted4runner

I ended up throwing Yoko Geolander MT’s in 305/55/20 on, thankfully they fit with no lift. I’ll hold off on lift for now until a shock or compressor fails, and then switch over to removing the air shocks. Great thread here with lots of info!
8F9FA83C-2B99-42FD-9941-30C90230E04A.jpeg
601BA447-28F4-4174-827B-1D6666B27C2A.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz